Felony MMX8s/Spectrum receiver issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I recently put a MMX8s ESC, 1717 motor and Savox servo into my Felony. When I plug the Servo into the steering port and ECS into the throttle port I get no response from the servo and get a blinking red light from the ESC. When I plug the servo into the throttle port it works with the throttle and when I plug the ESC into an AUX port it gives me a series of blinking lights which seems like the calibration series. I even got response from the throttle with lights but no motor output. The radio gear works fine with the stock Spectrum electronics... Any suggestions?

This is all I get now... Servo works but steeting trim does nothing and AVC isn't active. Can't get the ESC to do anything except this blinking patten...

Last edited:
This is all I get now... Servo works but steeting trim does nothing and AVC isn't active. Can't get the ESC to do anything except this blinking patten...
“Beep beep beeeeeeeep” means radio glitch

17E68FA3-DAF9-40A4-912B-D6C27328687A.jpeg

Ok, I have worked that problem out. It responds to the throttle, servo works but now I can't get ESC into programing mode. If I start the ESC with the trigger pulled then the ESC just blinks red. Once I let it go it goes through its normal sequences. I read on another post that the spectrum radio has a safety mode that keeps the radio from starting with the trigger pulled. So I have to wait for a solid amber light to pull the trigger. However, if I wait for solid amber then the ESC is already engaged and the motor spins. I can calibrate the ESC but I have tried a dozen times, pulling the trigger at different times, to get it into programing mode and nothing is working...

Last edited:
Back