Mmxs new set up help!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psmokDu87

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
8s set up with Bluetooth link will it tell the speed or just logs ?
Also I have to reverse the motor why?
Can I run 2x 3s gensacearespammers 8000mah lipos on it pics below just put the motor and esc in I know it’s dirty lol
1260 1717 motor
Mmxs esc
46t 26 mod1 pinion
Spektrum 100c 2x 5000mah
gensacearespammers 80c 8000 mah let me know about lvc my firma went bad because lvc !

2A75F05A-5F28-4E54-BC11-99EEE3ECBF22.jpeg

80066FD8-079A-4105-B525-1FE115076F98.jpeg

DADCC583-EE41-40D4-A2F0-28A686405BD4.jpeg

gensacearespammers lipos
Should I use qs8’s

Attachments

• 941B140B-841A-4DBB-B499-33ED6ECDEA62.jpeg
    941B140B-841A-4DBB-B499-33ED6ECDEA62.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
The gens packs will be fine, also the B-link doesn't show either speed or logs just allows you to adjust ESC settings from your phone. For speed you need a gps like the SkyRC GNSS gsm020. For data logs you'll need to download Castle link to your computer and also will need the Castle link plug to hook up to the computer. Might have had to reverse the motor cause it's used to the motor being turned the opposite way.

Thanks fellas! Helps a lot i
The gens packs will be fine, also the B-link doesn't show either speed or logs just allows you to adjust ESC settings from your phone. For speed you need a gps like the SkyRC GNSS gsm020. For data logs you'll need to download Castle link to your computer and also will need the Castle link plug to hook up to the computer. Might have had to reverse the motor cause it's used to the motor being turned the opposite way.
somdont worry about lvc damaging the esc ? What’s the lowest I can go just for knowledge? Thanks man!
On my 8s I have sensor wire plugged in, abc wires are matched up, transmitter dx5c on normal but b link is reverse all works smooth
Thanks yes it sounds good but I have ran it on pavement yet tomorrow can’t wait I was worried reverse could cause damage expensive you know and I’m new to the hobby so yeah man

somdont worry about lvc damaging the esc ? What’s the lowest I can go just for knowledge? Thanks man!

Thanks yes it sounds good but I have ran it on pavement yet tomorrow can’t wait I was worried reverse could cause damage expensive you know and I’m new to the hobby so yeah man
Depends what your doing, if your speed running you want to disable LVC, if your bashing then I'd set it to 3.4v👍

Yeah I was use to non censored and plugged wired in wrong and motor was binding like mfka until I realized the 2 things I did

Oh so it not
Like spektrum crap the only thing that will get damaged is the lipos correct? Not this esc ?
That is correct as if LVC is not set right you'll over drain the lipos and damage them. For speed running generally you only want to make maybe 3 passes at most which will only bring lipo down to about storage charge of 3.8v but during a speed run the lipos voltage will sag and possibly trigger LVC and ruin the pass so that's why generally it is disabled for speed runs or set really low.

That is correct as if LVC is not set right you'll over drain the lipos and damage them. For speed running generally you only want to make maybe 3 passes at most which will only bring lipo down to about storage charge of 3.8v but during a speed run the lipos voltage will sag and possibly trigger LVC and ruin the pass so that's why generally it is disabled for speed runs or set really low.
So first few runs good no issues gave my rig breaks nothing high speed just to see if everything is everything before I started to pulled hard on it. So did a few hard pulls so good so far brought it back the fan was not on ! It turns on the shuts off I know smart fan ,but I was reading 115-130 nothing then the on/off button stopped working awesome 🤩 and for a finale i stepped on the throttle while looking at the fan issue and rammed it against my mailbox and cracked it the mailbox not the rig just new splitter that’s for sure !

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That sucks about the on/off switch, and fan may have done like mine did one of the wires broke off at the solder on the fan. The fan needs replaced anyways as even if it's on and working it's not cooling anything as it's just super slow and worthless IMO. And 115-130 is not bad at all either if you were bashing around for a while it's when you get up above 140-150 or so need to keep an eye on it. Sounds like the system itself worked well though so that's good👍

That sucks about the on/off switch, and fan may have done like mine did one of the wires broke off at the solder on the fan. The fan needs replaced anyways as even if it's on and working it's not cooling anything as it's just super slow and worthless IMO. And 115-130 is not bad at all either if you were bashing around for a while it's when you get up above 140-150 or so need to keep an eye on it. Sounds like the system itself worked well though so that's good👍
Yes it did what should I do about the switch works fine I’ve been reading it’s ongoing problem cut it off or contact castle? T
The fan comes on when I turn the transmitter on and registers speed control then shuts off .
Do you have any pic on how you did you fan set up and what about the switch?
Broke my stock servo too much weight I think .
The esc works fine with the switch staying on .

Yes it did what should I do about the switch works fine I’ve been reading it’s ongoing problem cut it off or contact castle? T
The fan comes on when I turn the transmitter on and registers speed control then shuts off .
Do you have any pic on how you did you fan set up and what about the switch?
Broke my stock servo too much weight I think .
The esc works fine with the switch staying on .
I added an aftermarket 40x10mm high speed fan, just screwed it into the holes in the top of the MMX8S where the old ones were for the stock fan. For the switch I'd just leave it as it will be a pain warrantying it as Castle would want you to send the ESC in to them for them to fix it and send it back which could take weeks or longer. Here's my fan setup 👍 I'd run a bigger 40x28 fan but the location of the ESC doesn't allow the bigger fan as it won't allow the body to fit on my Limitless.
IMG_20210620_145233416.jpg

I added an aftermarket 40x10mm high speed fan, just screwed it into the holes in the top of the MMX8S where the old ones were for the stock fan. For the switch I'd just leave it as it will be a pain warrantying it as Castle would want you to send the ESC in to them for them to fix it and send it back which could take weeks or longer. Here's my fan setup 👍 I'd run a bigger 40x28 fan but the location of the ESC doesn't allow the bigger fan as it won't allow the body to fit on my Limitless.View attachment 153184
Your switch stays on too?

Ya you'll need to contact Castle either by their email or call tomorrow morning. They are great about customer service but sometimes I've heard warranty fixes can take a long while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back