Mojave Mo powa baby! (1100kv build)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFM

Beast mode activated
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 6s
Couldn’t help myself in the attempt of making the worlds fastest Mojave (as if that’s worth anything) and to fulfill my endless need for speed and power!! As previously posted or mentioned my driveline is near bulletproof and constantly up to date on its service history lol. The current and soon to be previous power plant is the hobbywing “big block” max6 combo 1650kv which is / was nice when geared appropriately. I’ve only ever run 6s in my rigs and was able to achieve a PB of 78.2 topless w the beast! That’s on 24/46 gearing. For some reason 26t pinion on the 4985sl motor takes a dive to 70-72. So that’s it... not good enough for me! I just wanna go fast!! Shake and bake! Lol. I pulled the trigger and picked up the castle combo xlx2 w the massive 2028 can! Lol. 1100kv fellas! Hit up PPS for the 30mm plate and motor mount in order to bolt this monster of a motor! I already have their screw slide mount and diff mount w the 1650kv but that’s now headed for its new home in my super stretched talion. Ordered RR mod 1 30t pinion to go w my 40t spur so this shits bout to get crazy!! To assure and assist w any uncontrollable roll overs I finally kraton-a-fied my stance! Thanks to my man @K-BASH and other members I was able to get the proper parts. Kraton hubs and axle stubs along w the 17mm hex pieces, she’s now a wide ass Mojave! Let’s just call her krojave for now lol. Picked up some ic5 connectors for now since I only plan on running 6s in the meantime. Will monitor the temps and beef em up if I need to or if I end up going 8s. Got some soldiering and wrenching to do until the pinion and mounts arrive then she will be ready for her big debut!! Here’s a few sneak peeks at what is happening over here!!
Oh yeah, did I mention how big this female dog is!?!? To be continued....
C3AA1D23-2F7D-4A75-8756-1B86806F12C9.jpeg
7408A074-F522-4B66-9298-8C9987BEE7B2.jpeg

Next to the lil big block 4985sl haha
5B72504F-BF5B-480D-8454-F4B1451F6AA1.jpeg

6ABDDE0A-E9AD-4D8B-B4DA-770BAC7D6A26.jpeg

kraton hubs
0545E001-12D2-49D0-AD69-C94CA63978DF.jpeg

Before....
CF1BB656-AC16-4A21-BB75-FFF34EDBE01E.jpeg

After...
3C039165-6EE1-4338-8641-ECE56C7A2C9A.jpeg

Swapping everything seen here over to the stretched talion... I’ll post those up too!! I hope to have two 1/7 rigs in the 80mph club soon!! Then I’ll be somewhat satisfied or at least I think so... hahahahaha. Shits bout to get real!!
Mo POWA baby!!
pics n vids coming soon!

Yeah, I got “used to” the 1650... don't get me wrong it’s still an animal but I like the idea of having that lil extra powa ;-). If I wanna put on a freak show I’ll toss an 8s in, throw on the belted tires and leave strips up n down the block!! Or hit the ramp at the local track and send her to Mars!! Hahaha.
couldnt sleep cuz I’m so anxious to get this monster in so I was eyeing poop up and damn it’s gonna a tight fit! Probably gonna put her up around the 20lb weight class now as well... all good tho, should have plenty of power since I just read it’s good for trucks up to 42lbs lol.
if no good, then I’ll just part her out and sell everything to y’all!!

I'm doing the max6/1650 combo in my build so that is good to know about 24/46. I have that, and 26-28t pinions to try hahahaha. I put the 1100kv motor in my dual battery stretched Mojave but haven't ran it for speed. Watch using the xlx2 in sensored mode, that may be the trick to it going roman candle status. several people have smoked theirs within minutes of running.

fat bastard11.jpg

I wasn’t sure about sensor mode or how it works or if it’s compatible w any of my spektrum stuff but good to know thx.

I wasn’t sure about sensor mode or how it works or if it’s compatible w any of my spektrum stuff but good to know thx.
I read it on the losi page about the sensored mode, but on the k8 fb page I've seen a few posts about them getting smoked pretty early on in a run. A guy by me made it a min and 22 seconds.

While I commend your efforts at speed, a few things I would point out here in the effort of trying to help you out. Hope this comes across as helpful and not me sh!tying on your plans.

Making it wider does not help with speed. Making it longer would. Making it narrower makes it longer. Making it wider makes it shorter. That’s why an Infraction is a great speed platform over a Kraton.

Secondly, you don’t need more power than a 1650kv, or add more unneeded weight. At this point aero is your enemy. I believe if you work on closing up the body on the Mojave you could get it over 100mph. The open cockpit is a bad design. I would use some sheets of lexan to close it up. Lower your ride height as much as possible, especially the front. Keep that nose down, a$$ up.

Just some thoughts. Hope you get it running as fast as you desire. ????????

While I commend your efforts at speed, a few things I would point out here in the effort of trying to help you out. Hope this comes across as helpful and not me sh!tying on your plans.

Making it wider does not help with speed. Making it longer would. Making it narrower makes it longer. Making it wider makes it shorter. That’s why an Infraction is a great speed platform over a Kraton.

Secondly, you don’t need more power than a 1650kv, or add more unneeded weight. At this point aero is your enemy. I believe if you work on closing up the body on the Mojave you could get it over 100mph. The open cockpit is a bad design. I would use some sheets of lexan to close it up. Lower your ride height as much as possible, especially the front. Keep that nose down, a$$ up.

I would add that no matter what you do tires will be your biggest obstacle going beyond 80mph.
At some point it ends up becoming a street car running GRP tires when you want to go faster.

With that said it looks like a killer rig and lots of fun. You may wan to buy some Kevlar string if you plan to run those off-road tires. I had success wrapping my tires on the XMaxx with Kevlar and CA Glue for use in the low 70mph range.

Hell yeah! Although adding the cockpit adds weight!! Those dudes are heavy!! i kept it open for cooling but would still parachute around 60. I am definitely going to figure out a way to seal off the body Im researching 1/5-1/6 wheels 20-24mm adapters for street set up or if I find some beast trencher or badland style in that size as well. I really like the belted mx43. Got the belted terrain crushers as well. I don’t intend on making it a street basher cuz I like to be able to beast it anywhere and send her to the moon whenever there’s a decent launching spot lol.
I do like the idea of having that red key ;-).
Mo powa!!
Skip the LS and go Heliphant ??????
Hi my name is mike and I’m a arrma-holic.

I love everything about this post haha. Im still waiting on my pps mount to come in. Im going to go 30/50 and see how that works on 1100kv... and if the temps are not an issue what so ever.. Ill start going down in spur gear. I have not even ordered my pinion yet so im still a ways off. Im looking forward to seeing how your rig runs to give me an idea of what kind of gearing i can run. I realize the castle setup is far superior to my max6/1100kv, but im hoping i can use it as a baseline and gear down a little from what you have and get good results.

It’s a huge motor and esc. I’m a Lil concerned bout fitment. Hoping to have some time this weekend to start installing. I ordered the m2c esc mount for added stability(and looks) lol plus the diff outdrive cups (2pair). The 30t is on its way to go w my 40t. I’ll keep this thread updated of course!
Here’s the wider stance. Gonna drop the suspension a tad.
FD3761F2-3EC6-4970-A732-26B778E8923A.jpeg
514BF5F2-F5F6-4F4A-BDFF-873DFC614B42.jpeg
A2F9F344-853A-4129-B9FC-20F42C6BF619.jpeg
9430FD21-2A06-46C7-985B-E8A190CBC704.jpeg

I love everything about this post haha. Im still waiting on my pps mount to come in. Im going to go 30/50 and see how that works on 1100kv... and if the temps are not an issue what so ever.. Ill start going down in spur gear. I have not even ordered my pinion yet so im still a ways off. Im looking forward to seeing how your rig runs to give me an idea of what kind of gearing i can run. I realize the castle setup is far superior to my max6/1100kv, but im hoping i can use it as a baseline and gear down a little from what you have and get good results.
I'll try to remember what I put on fat bastard or count it tonight. I was going to do 28 but I think I set it up in the 30's. Either way I ran the xmaxx 8s heat sink and 2 40mm fans on it. I didn't go with the 28mm tall ones, I think I used 15's or 20's, so not quite as much air flow but the temps were good.
EDIT I found it, it's running 38/50 hahahaha

It’s a huge motor and esc. I’m a Lil concerned bout fitment. Hoping to have some time this weekend to start installing. I ordered the m2c esc mount for added stability(and looks) lol plus the diff outdrive cups (2pair). The 30t is on its way to go w my 40t. I’ll keep this thread updated of course!
Here’s the wider stance. Gonna drop the suspension a tad. View attachment 109107View attachment 109108View attachment 109110View attachment 109109
Do you know of any heatsink/fans that would fit my 1100kv hobbywing? I have been searching the internet and cant find a definitive answer on a good setup that actually fits properly. I think it is the same size can as your castle.. Maybe i will look into heatsinks for that motor and hopefully come up with more results.

Do you know of any heatsink/fans that would fit my 1100kv hobbywing? I have been searching the internet and cant find a definitive answer on a good setup that actually fits properly. I think it is the same size can as your castle.. Maybe i will look into heatsinks for that motor and hopefully come up with more results.
xmaxx 8s heat sink will fit it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back