Mojave Mo powa baby! (1100kv build)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered that too! I see scorched makes a spool but it says for the front/center/rear... I don’t think it would turn very well but who needs to turn when ur rippin a straight line! lol

1CDC0218-4FC9-4D56-8768-1E4EC05D2D58.png

I biffed up the shims getting her out of the bulkhead lol.
what size drill blank should I use? I’ve got the m2c hardened diff cups that I’m going to use on the new fresh diffs
Tbones bumper is massive! She’s holding to the road nicely.
damn I can’t wait til I can turn her back into the all terrain beast! This speed run business is risky and frustrating at times lol
You'll have to search around. It's 2.2 mm for the 6S diffs and 2.4 or 2.5mm for the EXB I believe, but search for drill blanks and McMaster Carr and you'll find the exact thing to order.
Wouldn't break any pins with that.if you locked up front an rear it would definitely be hard to turn.i think it would help acceleration with posi- rear
That's a locked rear. Posi-trac would be running an EXB (29mm) LSD diff in the rear. I think running the spool in the center makes sense for speed running but I would worry that a locked rear would mean one moment of lower traction on one rear tire and you will be hitting the ditch as the side that still has traction pushes the truck hard the other way.

Damn pin inside diff snapped in two. Both sides! The rear was well overdue for a service. Did the front not too long ago... gonna shelf her til the 2.8s final drive diffs come;-). Supposed to snow here tomorrow so I’ve some time in the lab! Got a few goodies in the mail today for my stretched talion and senton 6s;-). I’ve got no problems beasting the talion in the snow;-). I’ll keep y’all updated on this thread ;-). View attachment 122486View attachment 122487
Would just the GP5 pinion work with the original 43T Ring gear? It'd be a ratio of 2.86 and the extra cash saved can go to a center spool?

The GP/EXB and rtr diffs aren’t the same case size.

These came in the mail last night;-). They’re made by “GO FAST” on eBay. Cf printed! I had him put “beast mode” on em instead of Go fast lol. Seem durable af. I’ll put em to the test for sure. @Gabe8501 once I figure out how to use the gnss I’m sending this your way bud!
3F917204-D75D-4C61-A0BE-6E8C3E53FAF6.jpeg
F8AF972C-0772-478A-BB1C-D699F597EE02.jpeg

@MFM well. a couple of my pinion gears finally came in. I got to try it out on my trip home from work. (i work away 2 weeks on 2 weeks off). I wanted to set my truck up with a gear ratio that would match the stock speed as closely as possible so when im razzing with my mojave buddies, its fun for them as well. So i currently have a 1100kv hobbywing set up with a 29t pinion and 50 spur. I can confirm that this setup with stock tires puts you in the same speed range as bone stock, give or take 1-3 mph. Thats on 6s. If i want to smash them i can always throw in 8s but for now i don't have any tires that will handle it. this new setup has way more torque and i ruined 3 different sets of tires that were great on the stock setup.

So... i have a 35t pinion almost at my house.. and a 40t spur. I will use that set up for solo running. I am going to steal some of your ideas for body mods to get the downforce i want. Next days off im going to give it a go on 8s with the new gearing and see what the results are. Ill chime back in with a top speed then.

There's a mojave race to 100mph.who will get there first.i should get in on it.just got my notorious to 101mph yesterday.id guess with your setup 90-95mph after voltage sag and aerodynamics.good luck.wheres @MFM ?????he's missing in action.snowed in up there or what???????

Screenshot_20210204-095901.jpg

Shhheeeeiit! Snowed in! Got to play w my other rig;-)
24EF6471-7E93-4EA6-BA57-13187B1E8E7F.jpeg

Got over 2’ of the white stuff!
oh and bring that poop on @K-BASH! My diffs came in yesterday! Been focusing on these whilst waiting for a decent day! Remember I’m doing it on 6s bud;-)
7A522937-607E-4B59-8CC1-098721B030C0.jpeg

@MFM well. a couple of my pinion gears finally came in. I got to try it out on my trip home from work. (i work away 2 weeks on 2 weeks off). I wanted to set my truck up with a gear ratio that would match the stock speed as closely as possible so when im razzing with my mojave buddies, its fun for them as well. So i currently have a 1100kv hobbywing set up with a 29t pinion and 50 spur. I can confirm that this setup with stock tires puts you in the same speed range as bone stock, give or take 1-3 mph. Thats on 6s. If i want to smash them i can always throw in 8s but for now i don't have any tires that will handle it. this new setup has way more torque and i ruined 3 different sets of tires that were great on the stock setup.

So... i have a 35t pinion almost at my house.. and a 40t spur. I will use that set up for solo running. I am going to steal some of your ideas for body mods to get the downforce i want. Next days off im going to give it a go on 8s with the new gearing and see what the results are. Ill chime back in with a top speed then.
Beautiful! I’m loving the competition here! I’m doing this on 6s. Currently geared 44/34(spool) and changed the f/r diff ratio from stock 4.3 to fast 2.8 (gp5) lol
snowed in over here so I’ve got no action w speed runs.
I was going to toss em in my vitavon bulkheads but I might just toss em on as they are just so I can be the first 6s Mojave tripple digits! Strictly for ma peeps! ;-)
A2345CDF-0F23-4FB2-B8F6-ED24F3FD9BB4.jpeg
here we go! Gp5!

Last edited:
Double check those diffs MFM, seems to be a few about with the wrong gears inside!
How's the weather in Scotland this time of year????this winter can kiss my azzzzzz.
Shhheeeeiit! Snowed in! Got to play w my other rig;-)View attachment 124556
Got over 2’ of the white stuff!
oh and bring that poop on @K-BASH! My diffs came in yesterday! Been focusing on these whilst waiting for a decent day! Remember I’m doing it on 6s bud;-)
View attachment 124557

Beautiful! I’m loving the competition here! I’m doing this on 6s. Currently geared 44/34(spool) and changed the f/r diff ratio from stock 4.3 to fast 2.8 (gp5) lol
snowed in over here so I’ve got no action w speed runs.
I was going to toss em in my vitavon bulkheads but I might just toss em on as they are just so I can be the first 6s Mojave tripple digits! Strictly for ma peeps! ;-) View attachment 124565here we go! Gp5!
Right now I don't have the funds for a 100 mph mojo.xlx2 is probably the only esc that will push a mojove to 100.i do have a competition i want u to get in on thou.what you think about a 0-60 competition.use 1 tire design.could do the mojo an s6.what you think????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210203-171319_GNSS PA.jpg
    Screenshot_20210203-171319_GNSS PA.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
How's the weather in Scotland this time of year????this winter can kiss my azzzzzz.

Right now I don't have the funds for a 100 mph mojo.xlx2 is probably the only esc that will push a mojove to 100.i do have a competition i want u to get in on thou.what you think about a 0-60 competition.use 1 tire design.could do the mojo an s6.what you think????
I’m in! We will do this w our Mojave and sentons!!

I'll come up with some rules, then run um by you an we can both be cool with um go from there.#1..need to use same tires,1/8grp????
#2 ,could do weight classes 10lb an under &10lb+
#3 could do 0-40, 0-60, 0-80 or all three.
#4 battery cell limits????
Maybe just unlimited cells,1/8grps,0-60 for now an see where it gos.if it turns out to be good poop we could go farther into rules.
@MFM what you think???anybody else more than welcome to join???

We doing this w Mojave or any rig? I gotta get some 1/8 grp. I only got the 1/5. Are they 17mm hex?
oh weight class I see.
how do we tell 0-40 etc times? Does my gnss do that? I still haven’t really figured it out lol.
I only have 6s lipo. Actually just got two 4s gensacearespammers.. I’ve got 2s , 3s , 4s , 6s

Ya drag race feature on gnss.ill shoot a quik how-to video tomorrow.how bout any size grp and hoons.ill start a thread an use one of my poopy no traction pulls from other day for a baseline.if more peps join in we can make some better rules.im sure there's some drag racers that'll put up some good #s.i think it'll be a good poop talking competition that will be alot easier than doing speedruns.

Wintery K-BASH ma man, just standard Scottish winter. Snowsport resorts here are having dream conditions but we cannae get near them wi this feckin plague. Boardbag hasn't even been loaded into the van. Yet!

What's with all the rules an regulations? Fastest 6s Mojave no clear enough? Lol
Anyhow, ah can barely stretch to power for mine nevermind a GNSS so ah'll keep an eye on yer progress for noo. Ah'll be the guy playin catch up later in the year!

Wintery K-BASH ma man, just standard Scottish winter. Snowsport resorts here are having dream conditions but we cannae get near them wi this feckin plague. Boardbag hasn't even been loaded into the van. Yet!

What's with all the rules an regulations? Fastest 6s Mojave no clear enough? Lol
Anyhow, ah can barely stretch to power for mine nevermind a GNSS so ah'll keep an eye on yer progress for noo. Ah'll be the guy playin catch up later in the year!
Ya hopefully all this bs will be over soon.🙏.getting down to -5 degrees here next week so not much rc in to be doing for a while.excited to see your slammed mojave in action soon.talking with the 3 main men on this forum on setting up a gnss rules an thread as we speak

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back