Moar backflips video!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzBasher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s

Sorry, I'm sure backflips are nothing to ya'll, but I'm real new to the game and get exited every time I land one still. I went to the local skatepark today and while I've been landing the spine for a few runs now, hadn't tried jumping from the ramp to the bowl. In fact this was pretty much first time in bowl. Anyway, let me know if I'm spamming the board with boring poop.

Love that park. Would be there daily.... breaking sh!t of course. What tires are you running there? Seems like very low traction.

Love that park. Would be there daily.... breaking sh!t of course. What tires are you running there? Seems like very low traction.

It's less that 10 minutes from home and when the skate park is full there's a bunch of fields and grass to tear up too :)

Tyres are/were what came stock with the 6S Kraton. I put 150K fluid in the centre diff this morning and was still getting used to it. It seemed to be popping wheelies and spinning out much more that it did last time I took it out. I'm assuming/blaming that anyway.

Sorry, I'm sure backflips are nothing to ya'll, but I'm real new to the game and get exited every time I land one still. I went to the local skatepark today and while I've been landing the spine for a few runs now, hadn't tried jumping from the ramp to the bowl. In fact this was pretty much first time in bowl. Anyway, let me know if I'm spamming the board with boring poop.
Thats also some very smooth concrete there...looks like a great place to bash. Flips look great, landings look great, and the weather looks great. All elements of a great session!

Yeah.. I think I need someone to explain step by step exactly how to get my Kraton to do the perfect backflip... all I seem to end up doing is landing on the tail and damaging the wing/wing mount/braces/bulk head!...

I’d love to see Rich Duperbash do a vid where he explains exactly what his hands are doing on the controller as he is working his magic.. just to give us all some insight.. but I guess that would mean he would be giving away trade secrets!

That is a great park and those were nice transitions. The more you go, the higher and further you will let the Kraton fly. What a great place to run. Love it and keep on posting!

Yeah.. I think I need someone to explain step by step exactly how to get my Kraton to do the perfect backflip... all I seem to end up doing is landing on the tail and damaging the wing/wing mount/braces/bulk head!...

I’d love to see Rich Duperbash do a vid where he explains exactly what his hands are doing on the controller as he is working his magic.. just to give us all some insight.. but I guess that would mean he would be giving away trade secrets!
Rich is one of the classiest down to earth guys posting Arrma vids. These guys don't want to see anyone destroy their rigs. I agree with part of your statement but I disagree about giving away any trade secrets. ;)

Hey man, I watched one video on how to flip before buying the Kraton and then just went out and tried. Took me 2 battery packs to start landing them consistently. I've had more than a few drinks tonight, but will try to find the video tomorrow, it explained it real well.

That is a great park and those were nice transitions. The more you go, the higher and further you will let the Kraton fly. What a great place to run. Love it and keep on posting!

Thanks man, yeah I'm keen to start hitting some jumps harder and higher, I think there's a ramp I can hit that would let me clear the bowl rather than land in it. That and I'll try some doubles out of the bowl next time. I got chased off a BMX track nearby before hitting anything too hard, but am planning a trip out to another soon that should be heaps fun.

Not boring at all. You did very well controlling them.
Try full throttle right off the lip of the ramp to initiate the back flip earlier. Might be able to pull off a double!
Yep, just make sure to let go of throttle before landing. If you over rotate, then hit a little brake/reverse to correct.

Yep, just make sure to let go of throttle before landing. If you over rotate, then hit a little brake/reverse to correct.

That's what I did the first time I tried... Over rotated and snapped some rear suspension ball jointy part when landed hard on the back wheel. Been a little nervous hitting it early since then. I think now I'm getting used to the car being in the air a little more and have updated the controller I'll have a better chance.

Until @jondilly1974 and @Notorious J make the igloo jumping tutorial here's the video I watched:

There's probably better around but this was enough to get me going.

@OzBasher Every Arrma I own with maybe the exception of the Typhon (stock) wants to rotate backwards off a jump. If you get enough speed and just hold throttle through the take off, the truck will flip lazily backwards (the Outcast/Noto will go a rotate faster). Then you just have to watch its rotation and how much time you have left before it lands. If it's not going to make it around by the landing point you blip the throttle to hurry it up. If it is going to over rotate them you need to TAP the brake. The over rotation scenario is harder to adjust for because you still may need to blip the throttle again. The smaller the jump, the less time in the air, the harder it becomes. So like I said earlier, you did great! Like anything, be it golf, bowling, darts or even cornhole ? it's all muscle memory. At some point it becomes second nature. But remember this: everyone, no matter how good they are, screws up. It's part of the hobby ??? Bash on brother!

@OzBasher Every Arrma I own with maybe the exception of the Typhon (stock) wants to rotate backwards off a jump. If you get enough speed and just hold throttle through the take off, the truck will flip lazily backwards (the Outcast/Noto will go a rotate faster). Then you just have to watch its rotation and how much time you have left before it lands. If it's not going to make it around by the landing point you blip the throttle to hurry it up. If it is going to over rotate them you need to TAP the brake. The over rotation scenario is harder to adjust for because you still may need to blip the throttle again. The smaller the jump, the less time in the air, the harder it becomes. So like I said earlier, you did great! Like anything, be it golf, bowling, darts or even cornhole ? it's all muscle memory. At some point it becomes second nature. But remember this: everyone, no matter how good they are, screws up. It's part of the hobby ??? Bash on brother!
Some of us like sending our trucks into trees. Some prefer cartwheels. ??‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back