Granite Mod for mx28 tires/wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Im ready to upgrade stock tires to mx28 2.8 proline badlands. I was going to order hot racing 17mm hexes but cant find product atf117xt02...any suggestions on what mods I can make for mx28 wheels to fit?

Has anyone tried the proline raid mx28 with removable hexes...apparently you can use 14mm hex adapter PRO634700

Has anyone tried the proline raid mx28 with removable hexes...apparently you can use 14mm hex adapter PRO634700

I have this setup on my BRCC and it works perfectly.

I installed Typhon arms instead of using the hex extenders and it’s now wide enough for me. No need for the hex extenders.

I have this setup on my BRCC and it works perfectly.

Ok great...assuming the same wheel nut and axle will work...was afraid axle would be too short with extension of hex hub?

It works with the stock parts on my BRCC

The Pro-Line website even specifically mentions the Granite

https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories/6x30-to-14mm-hex-adapters.asp

Thx!

How about the removable wheel hex...do they seem like they will hold up over time?
It works with the stock parts on my BRCC

The Pro-Line website even specifically mentions the Granite

https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories/6x30-to-14mm-hex-adapters.asp

Thx!

How about the removable wheel hex...do they seem like they will hold up over time?

Which hexes are you talking about? The 14mm that come stock? They’re better than the hot racing ones IMO. I’ve read of people having problems with parts of the 17mm hot racing hex extenders coming loose and backing out even when using blue Loctite. Haven’t had any issues like that with the stock parts.

Which hexes are you talking about? The 14mm that come stock? They’re better than the hot racing ones IMO. I’ve read of people having problems with parts of the 17mm hot racing hex extenders coming loose and backing out even when using blue Loctite. Haven’t had any issues like that with the stock parts.

My bad...didnt mean the stock hex...but the proline 14mm offset adapters...do the bolts from adapters to wheel seem like they will last over time (not strip out)?

Last question...were the typhon arms the only thing you needed to swap out for the added width...or did you have to order other typhon parts to use arms (typhon axle yokes, carrier hubs, etc)?

Thx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back