Mod1 aftermarket pinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
I’m not fond of about the quality of Mod1 pinions Arrma offers. Recommendations would be appreciated.

Tekno. Much harder and longer wearing steel with an M5 thread/2.5mm socket that allows you to crank it down with more torque to prevent loosening.
Great! Know of any Canadian online shops that carry them?

Checked a few of my go-to shops just now but all are out of stock on or only special order most sizes. I got mine from Amain out of the US.

Hobby Hobby seems to only have the 16T in stock. Eliminator RC has a few very large sizes. Great Hobbies can special order it from their US supplier. Takes 1-2 weeks to come in from my experience.

Tekno and Robinson Racing make the best pinions I have used.

I know a lot of sellers on eBay have Robinson Racing, at least in the states anyway.

Last edited:
I've only ever used one Tekno pinion...and I will never use them again. Very first outing, the second time I hit the brakes it stripped all but 4 teeth off of a 30T pinion and, as a result, couldn't stop the car. Upon inspection it was obvious that they are sintered and not hardened steel. I find Arrma pinions decent, Traxxas makes good ones up to 34T, Saga has the reputation of making the best gears in the game and I've even found good quality at a reasonable price on Amazon from a company called VGEBY. I have a full set of their pinions from 18-30T and they've worked beautifully so far. They're made of steel and not of some sintered garbage.

Tekno,saga,got 10ish speedruns with new powerhobby 50t pinion,looks great considering I'm running mesh super loose.passes in the 120s..they have 2 m4 grub screws

20220521_154434.jpg

Who's running 50/27 gearing. Lol

Tekno,saga,got 10ish speedruns with new powerhobby 50t pinion,looks great considering I'm running mesh super loose.passes in the 120s..they have 2 m4 grub screws

View attachment 218947
Who's running 50/27 gearing. Lol
Maybe when my TP 5680 arrives :cool:

This is 5660-1460kv on 5s in swb chassis.then 6s an maybe 7s...about got my swb 5s twins ready to run tomorrow.1 has 4060 an other 5660.going for 130s on 5s

View attachment 218952
Nice! I have a 4080 2022KV and the 5680 is a 1440KV Delta wind. Both of those I'll be getting into later this summer. I'm still working my way up on a 1717 currently and I have a 1721 that I really wanna push on 4S and see what I can get out of it.

Been running this tp4060cm-3480kv an it's a screamer...should have no problems getting into 130s.if I can get 140+on 6s with open wheeled typhon is my goal..my all time typhon pb is 140mph on 8s..here's last run,should get 125++ tomorrow at spot,these are some short hits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back