Typhon Model number difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. The 28 is the new v3. Lots of difference yet both great buggies. Do the new blue one and there will be no disappointment. I love mine.

Usually the old model can be found at a discount. That is usually set by the seller. I have seen some guys charging as much for the v2 as for the v3 due to low stock of the new one. As a matter of fact i have seen the v2 version going for almost $100 more than the original msrp.

What are the differences between the two? I want to justify the extra for the V3 over the savings on the V2. Is there a comparison list anywhere? Thanks.

• New Larger Battery Tray w/Wire Routing Clip & area for Balance Plug
  • Radio Box w/Rubber Wire Seals & Receiver Plate
  • Aluminum Top & Bottom Shock Caps & Preload Adjusters
  • Larger Diameter 0.16" (4mm) Shock Shafts & New High Spring Perches
  • Additional Webbing Added to Bulkheads for Greater Strength
  • Stronger Servo Mount for Better Steering Feel
  • Updated Chassis Braces Attach Directly to Chassis
  • Lightweight Plastic Shock and Roll Bar Pivot Balls
  • Added Material Around FrontSuspension Arms for Greater Strength

I have a v3 kraton and absolutely love it I have a v3 typ hon and v2 outcast as well. Can' really say which is my favorite that would b like asking which is my favorite kid. They are all unique in there own ways the outcast is a reflection of myself the kraton crazy but a little reserved has some etiquette lol and the typon fast nimble a blast to drive at the track. Arrma all the way here' my kraton modded a little. Looks good tho.
20180327_051657.jpg
20180327_051711.jpg

• New Larger Battery Tray w/Wire Routing Clip & area for Balance Plug
  • Radio Box w/Rubber Wire Seals & Receiver Plate
  • Aluminum Top & Bottom Shock Caps & Preload Adjusters
  • Larger Diameter 0.16" (4mm) Shock Shafts & New High Spring Perches
  • Additional Webbing Added to Bulkheads for Greater Strength
  • Stronger Servo Mount for Better Steering Feel
  • Updated Chassis Braces Attach Directly to Chassis
  • Lightweight Plastic Shock and Roll Bar Pivot Balls
  • Added Material Around FrontSuspension Arms for Greater Strength
Where did you get this list from? It looks mostly accurate except the V2/2017 (red/black) has metal shock caps while the V3/2018 (blue/black) has composite shock caps. The shocks on the V3 are the better 4mm shafts but you should probably get metal shock caps from the V3 Kraton for bashing.

I got it from this forum.

Where did you get this list from? It looks mostly accurate except the V2/2017 (red/black) has metal shock caps while the V3/2018 (blue/black) has composite shock caps. The shocks on the V3 are the better 4mm shafts but you should probably get metal shock caps from the V3 Kraton for bashing.

I got it from this forum.
Oh I see lol. But yeah the V3 Typhon has composite shock caps while the V2 has metal caps. What is the price on the V2 that you are looking at? If they are the same price or even close, V3 all the way. But if we are talking like 100+ savings for the V2, I would say get the V2 and upgrade what you need to as the V3 upgrades work on the V2.

I was hopping around and I had a budget so it looked like I was going to have to go for V2 from Wheelspin which was set at £369. The V3 is £409. I decided to go with the V2 via Modelsport and I was all set to pay this morning but I noticed the Red V2 in my saved cart magically turned itself into a Blue V3 so I was pretty stoked. I think I had a little wee wee. So I ordered it from modelsport this morning. I got the Power bundle 1 which includes two Overlander 5000mah 3s, battery charger, connectors etc for £538

I found wheelspins description of the product a bit misleading because it doesn’t say V3 or V2 so people who don’t know these products could well order themselves a V2 without knowing.

Waiting time is 3rd May!

Oh I see lol. But yeah the V3 Typhon has composite shock caps while the V2 has metal caps. What is the price on the V2 that you are looking at?

I was hopping around and I had a budget so it looked like I was going to have to go for V2 from Wheelspin which was set at £369. The V3 is £409. I decided to go with the V2 via Modelsport and I was all set to pay this morning but I noticed the Red V2 in my saved cart magically turned itself into a Blue V3 so I was pretty stoked. I think I had a little wee wee. So I ordered it from modelsport this morning. I got the Power bundle 1 which includes two Overlander 5000mah 3s, battery charger, connectors etc for £538

I found wheelspins description of the product a bit misleading because it doesn’t say V3 or V2 so people who don’t know these products could well order themselves a V2 without knowing.

Waiting time is 3rd May!
Yeah, for the £40 difference I would get with the blue V3 all day as you can't upgrade the shocks to 4mm shafts for less than that. I was just curious what the prices were because if you could get a V2 for like £120 less, I would go that route. But at this little of a difference I would definitely go with the V3.

I think stocks of the V2 will deplete before it can go that low.

Yeah, for the £40 difference I would get with the blue V3 all day as you can't upgrade the shocks to 4mm shafts for less than that. I was just curious what the prices were because if you could get a V2 for like £120 less, I would go that route. But at this little of a difference I would definitely go with the V3.

I think stocks of the V2 will deplete before it can go that low.
Possibly but you never know. They do have sales sometimes. In the USA the V3 Typhon is $450 and I got my V2 back in November of 2016 for $317 back when that was a brand new model. Granted that was a year and a half ago and I haven't seen it that low again since lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back