Senton Modelcarjedi’s blue and brushed Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modelcarjedi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. Fury
  3. Raider
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
Picked up this sweet truck after my son bought a brushed typhon. I loved the blue. Before everyone chimes in about how I should have bought a brushless truck etc etc....I love this truck! I will be modifying it and upgrading as I go. We find it fun to run trucks that are about the same speed. We both have fast trucks so it’s no biggie if these just stay fun.
5BD286F1-AF08-4BAA-B6D7-666AC73D737C.jpeg

Added some horsepower to it. In the 1:1 scale world these would add 5hp apiece!
43BB3851-E2C5-4272-B978-2BD2118B4823.jpeg

I felt the wheels were kinda blah. amazing what a dab of paint will do
7E31D883-BF2C-485B-BD84-1365FEA85AD3.jpeg
507BE553-8F5A-422F-8C5B-518B1DA7D42F.jpeg

I’m going to change the gearing on this truck.
214B5142-FF6C-4955-85D0-70B2D75FAAD3.jpeg

Last edited:
Upgrading is also a part of the hobby, some prefer buy the next up level, some prefer to put upgrade after. It is true for some models/versions, that it is often cheaper to buy a more expensive car with better features than upgrading it, but anybody has his own way to go, do it the way you want and enjoy, there is no real wrong way.

My son has the same one a loves it. yes the blue looks good and is faster apparently. Some upgrades we did as we found it required are:
-metal shocks (the plastic ones leaked out of the box and the rods break easy) it handles so much better and loves the jumps now.
-Proline wheel nuts (the original one kept coming loose) haven't a loose one since.
-servo (the original servo died early) we fitted the 15kg arrma servo from my Kraton but there are aftermarket options that are probably better.
-cooling fan for motor (he cooked his first motor)
-I would recommend getting a set of sealed bearings and replace as required. the original bearings take on grit to easy.
-The tyres are good but wear out very fast if running on hard surfaces
-keep an eye on the slipper clutch as it will loosen and slip to much

just upgrade as required and have fun

I can’t argue with that wicked looking beast !
Upgrading is also a part of the hobby, some prefer buy the next up level, some prefer to put upgrade after. It is true for some models/versions, that it is often cheaper to buy a more expensive car with better features than upgrading it, but anybody has his own way to go, do it the way you want and enjoy, there is no real wrong way.

I love tinkering and upgrading stuff. I might have bought the brushless version if I had more cash on me. I sold some stuff and had enough loot in my pocket to buy the blue I liked.
My son has the same one a loves it. yes the blue looks good and is faster apparently. Some upgrades we did as we found it required are:
-metal shocks (the plastic ones leaked out of the box and the rods break easy) it handles so much better and loves the jumps now.
-Proline wheel nuts (the original one kept coming loose) haven't a loose one since.
-servo (the original servo died early) we fitted the 15kg arrma servo from my Kraton but there are aftermarket options that are probably better.
-cooling fan for motor (he cooked his first motor)
-I would recommend getting a set of sealed bearings and replace as required. the original bearings take on grit to easy.
-The tyres are good but wear out very fast if running on hard surfaces
-keep an eye on the slipper clutch as it will loosen and slip to much

just upgrade as required and have fun

Thanks for the info!

Did a speed run before I made any modifications to my truck. My test track AKA the road in front of my house isn’t totally flat.
9E561D76-7ED9-4707-B86E-44CDF69AC527.jpeg

Installed a adjustable motor mount today. I went from a 17t pinion gear a 19t. I’ll do a speed run
96051F16-866E-4A4D-8A09-1CE94865E4E4.jpeg

Get a piece of meat ready, cuz that motor can is ready to cook something ????

I picked up almost 3mph with the 19t pinion gear. I ran the stock battery pack down and the motor was still cool. I ran it through the grass and in the street. Next test will be a 21 tooth.
66801137-4ADD-4361-AD14-A9A0CF5663E8.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back