Kraton Modification of the weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 9466 View attachment 9465 View attachment 9464 I built this XB-E to run with the Kraton this weekend. The Kraton is a beast and this is also. Just testing it out.....It started out doing 39 mph stock and now it's doing 55mph. The Kraton does about the same. I'm liking the Castle XLX and the SMC batteries. I went with a Leopard motor again. These are all great brands. This XB-E ran extremely cool stock on 6S and now, it still does, on 8S. The XB-E is pretty cool, it's a buggy chassis also.
Looks sick! Clean...

Thanks Park.... I'm looking for tires for it. Something like these. I have 24mm hex hubs for it. I ran this thing once so far on 8S to start setting it up. I wanted to dabble a little with a larger scale but didn't want to go to crazy into it. This thing builds into a nice 8S. If I eventually get a 1/5th.... I think it would be gas. Maybe the Kraken...I can't see going electric with it although it's cool also. I prefer the 1/5 scale with a gas motor. For now.... the power of this XB-E is pretty sick. It pulls real hard and runs nice. 1090kv and it's close to being as round as a coke can.

Attachments

• IMG_1070.JPG
    IMG_1070.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 54
IMG_1112.JPG
My 6S Muggy next to my 8S Muggy.

The 8S... I consider it a budget large scale electric . It's pretty decent for the money I spent.

Last edited:
IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG
I put my Kraton on E-bay if anyone is interested. I Want to keep the roller, motor and ESC as the main sale. I can work with removing tires, battery, body. I can add receiver if someone runs Spektrum etc. Make offer if interested.

Last edited:
I am interested. I am a little confused about the battery. The eBay listing says "Battery is in storage charge. Etc.”, but the listing also says that the battery isn't included. Is the battery included? If it is, is it the MaxAmps 6s in the pics, or Turnigy 6s, or something else?

I would be buying a Spektrum DX4C set for it. Is this what you were running with it? Does the receiver fit in the box? Is the servo fast enough for the AVC? Did you need a BEC or have any glitching (I hear some Savox can do that w/ Spektrum sometimes)?
Which motor mount does it have now? Do you have spare/stock parts to throw in the box?
Thanks!

IMG_1213.JPG
I am interested. I am a little confused about the battery. The eBay listing says "Battery is in storage charge. Etc.”, but the listing also says that the battery isn't included. Is the battery included? If it is, is it the MaxAmps 6s in the pics, or Turnigy 6s, or something else?

I would be buying a Spektrum DX4C set for it. Is this what you were running with it? Does the receiver fit in the box? Is the servo fast enough for the AVC? Did you need a BEC or have any glitching (I hear some Savox can do that w/ Spektrum sometimes)?
Which motor mount does it have now? Do you have spare/stock parts to throw in the box?
Thanks!
I revised the sale to be much more clear. I had lowered the price by not including the battery and didn't clear out all that related info to it. I got some good stuff to get this vehicle to move. Talk to me brother.... lol. Hit me up on e-bay. Here is a pic. I'm trying to offer one of 2 body options. Some love the wing. The dx4c can run the AVC. I run the DX4S. Both are great. Motor mount is stock and the modified mount on the other side. It is the most solid I have found.

I bought it!
I am just getting back into R/C cars after a 15 year hiatus lol. I was looking for a new Kraton, but yours looks good for used and you obviously put some thought and effort into the build.

You may need to guide me a little bit to get it running as well as you had it. I hope you don't mind that.

You know what I am falling in love with the gravedigger body. i asked for the orange+wing on ebay but I will actually like the gravedigger and mud guards. :D

I originally selected the orange body, but I actually would like the GraveDigger and mud guards please.

Is this all I'll need to get it running?

Spektrun DX4C transmitter only
Trencher X 3.8" 0.5 offset.
Any suggestions for a mid-bugdet 6S? MaxAmps are pretty spendy. Do you think this one is OK? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-4500mah-6s-30c-lipo-pack.html

Also, what diff and shock oils are in it?

[edit] - I originally selected the orange body, but I actually would like the GraveDigger and mud guards please.

Last edited:
Thanks.... I'm boxing it all up now. The diffs are 50 front 200 center and 10k in the rear. I got the Spektrum receiver in it.... not the AVC it's 100 percent not needed and it's big and confusing. This vehicle doesn't need that. I'm keeping the thing wired up as is for you. No need to mess. I'll include a binding plug. You need a hard case 6S with a XT90 connector. Around 5000mah or 5200mah get over 50C discharge. Rc juice has some. I need a good box !!!! Lol. Getting things organized for you now.

Attachments

• IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 57
Thanks man! I am super excited for this! It's my big 40th b-day present from my wife. But an RC car turned out to be too difficult for me to explain everything to get. This is (almost) the whole package.

I'll more than likely build another one down the road. It's one of the best 1/8th scale RC's I ever built. Messing with an X-Maxx, Losi DBXL-E and a Rampage XB-E for now.

Old running video of my Kraton. Just got the MaxAmp in it for the first time.

Losi was pre-ordered....should be here very soon. (Long wait)I got that and my buddy got the X-Maxx. That's in now. It's going to be interesting. I've been running the XB-E on 8S... the Losi should be way better. I like to stay with the buggy chassis. Kraton, XB-E, Losi DBXL-E. all the same type of design. They fit my style of driving. I have a few friends that already got their DBXL-E's. They love it so far. Not as agile as a 1/8th but handling becomes more realistic and lots of power. The X-Maxx is a pure basher. I rather have handling and something that can jump nice. The X-Maxx can get huge air but at some point it's just Killing it and the handling is ok. I went with the Losi because it's like a 1/8 buggy chassis. Same reason I love the Kraton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back