Kraton Modification of the weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone that asked me where I got the shrink tube.....I got it on E-Bay. I rather have hard cases but I already had this battery....figured I would give it a fresh wrap. I found red, yellow, blue, black and green. I went by the inner diameter measurement that was given...try to keep it as small as you need. I had to use some decent heat...everything appears to be fine. I love these Heavy Duty Turnigy 6S batteries.

T8-Mot-Chart_4122010_72DPI.jpg
I have been looking for a new motor. Do you recommend the one you have? And is there a big difference between the the stock motor and the one you have right now?

Here is something that may help Deeznuts out.....You can do all the same things with these setups. The Kraton is more of a heavier truggy so look at the right side. You can get the same speed out of any one of these setups....the higher voltage lower KV will run the longest, coolest and more efficient on the same mAh battery geared for the same speed.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I was having trouble with my Max8 cutting out on over temp,actual measured temp was 152f.Also noiticed that the caps on the esc where up to 172f.The dual battery harness adds alot of wire length which is bad for the esc and caps.I wired up an adapter that makes 2 Deans 2s into 1 4s to Xt90.Also changed to just one Xt90 on the esc.After results:No more over heat(128f),and caps stay at 145f ,longer run time cooler battery temp.

I hit 152F and average 132F all the time with a Mamba Monster X. You were probably way hotter than you thought. Good to see the rewire fixed you up. I run a strip of extra caps hidden up near my ESC. I check them often to see if they are working. Ripple voltage is something Castle claims to be bad. Caps lower it, short wire etc. Good call.... sounds like it's way happier.

I hit 152F and average 132F all the time with a Mamba Monster X. You were probably way hotter than you thought. Good to see the rewire fixed you up. I run a strip of extra caps hidden up near my ESC. I check them often to see if they are working. Ripple voltage is something Castle claims to be bad. Caps lower it, short wire etc. Good call.... sounds like it's way happier.
Yea ,it seems the guys who us Caslte know about ripple,but on these Hobbywing esc's they ignore that fact and make it worse from the factory.Arrma should include that adapter i made versus the long battery harness and plug they use,it would probably save them a bunch on warrantys!

They look like they added caps on the Nero's ??? I'm not sure if they come that way or people are just adding them.

I did it! I ordered the Leo 4092 with the 1730kv. I can't wait till it gets here. It sounds like these motors are pretty impressive. It should be here by the 27th

I have a Mamba Monster2, I'm hoping that will be a good fit for the Leo.
Some 4092 info. The Mamba Monster will do fine.

Model Amp Max Volt power KV
LBP4092/2Y 125A 25V 4200W 1390kv

LBP4092/3Y 80A 37V 4200W 930kv

LBP4092/4Y 80A 50V 4200W 700kv

LBP4092/3D 140A 20V 4200W 1730kv

LBP4092/3.5D 115A 23V 4200W 1480kv

LBP4092/4D 110A 26V 4200W 1300kv

LBP4092/5D 102A 33V 4200W 1050kv

Last edited:
Some 4092 info. The Mamba Monster will do fine.

Model Amp Max Volt power KV
LBP4092/2Y 125A 25V 4200W 1390kv

LBP4092/3Y 80A 37V 4200W 930kv

LBP4092/4Y 80A 50V 4200W 700kv

LBP4092/3D 140A 20V 4200W 1730kv

LBP4092/3.5D 115A 23V 4200W 1480kv

LBP4092/4D 110A 26V 4200W 1300kv

LBP4092/5D 102A 33V 4200W 1050kv
Thanks

IMG_0298.PNG
IMG_0297.PNG
I had a chance to record the speed of a Leopard 4292 1480 KV on a 21 tooth pinion and 6S, Mamba Monster X. Stock Tires. Previously a 20 tooth got me 45 mph recorded. The 21 tooth got me 55 mph tonight . I can still fit in a 22 and a 23 tooth I'm guessing 75 mph is what it will do. Motor heat has never been an issue, ESC is good. Run times now are around 1/2 hour maybe more. The motor is a keeper. My goal was 50 to run around with off road. I think the 20 tooth is just fine. I was hitting 45 and had more in it but room was a problem .

I pulled 4272.5 watts of this run 21 tooth and 4,152 off the last one 20 tooth. These motors are rated at 4200 watts. Punching the throttle down the road hard also. 5.73 horsepower on this run

Running light Badlands should be good on 21 Tooth, Bigger Backflips tires....20 Tooth. I can safely play in the 45-55 mph range. Great run times...good cool temps.

Last edited:
View attachment 4612 View attachment 4611 I had a chance to record the speed of a Leopard 4292 1480 KV on a 21 tooth pinion and 6S, Mamba Monster X. Stock Tires. Previously a 20 tooth got me 45 mph recorded. The 21 tooth got me 55 mph tonight . I can still fit in a 22 and a 23 tooth I'm guessing 75 mph is what it will do. Motor heat has never been an issue, ESC is good. Run times now are around 1/2 hour maybe more. The motor is a keeper. My goal was 50 to run around with off road. I think the 20 tooth is just fine. I was hitting 45 and had more in it but room was a problem .

I pulled 4272.5 watts of this run 21 tooth and 4,152 off the last one 20 tooth. These motors are rated at 4200 watts. Punching the throttle down the road hard also. 5.73 horsepower on this run

Running light Badlands should be good on 21 Tooth, Bigger Backflips tires....20 Tooth. I can safely play in the 45-55 mph range. Great run times...good cool temps.
That's awesome, I just got the motor today in the mail. The size difference is very noticeable. Hopefully I will be able to get it together and running this weekend.

I sent the Kraton into a spin on the road at about 50 mph. It never flipped over. :D I was afraid to send my cell phone flying down the road so I quit that early. All this while it's dark out and worried about cars. LOL I had a real scare when my Kraton was down range and the pinion came off. I thought I lost the signal...turned out the pinion was sitting on the chassis in front of the motor ??? All was fine. I'm not a big fan of street runs at night.

It wasn't an easy session but it turned out ok. I can see that the 21 tooth was slightly exceeding the motors watt limit and hitting 55. This is all under hard acceleration. I'll use the 20 tooth and now turn the timing up a little to see if I can put the 20 tooth easily on the 50 mph dot. I got a lot of timing to move up on because it's turned way down. Let's see what timing increases do on my 20T pinion. In due time.

I also want to try a Leopard 1390KV on 6S but I can't find it for sale. It's 25 volts but if I look at my voltage on my data logger...my battery spends more time at 23 volts. These motors seem to take a little more than their ratings. Which is a good thing.

Last edited:
That's good stuff.... I always have good luck with HR parts.

I have the perfect upgrade for Deeznuts.

Once you get your new motor in... you will need this from Hot Racing.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

THAT"S AWESOME..

Lol That's great! My family is probably wondering why I'm laughing in the bathroom while reading this! I want that on my kraton, no chaffing intended.

I was able to pull off a run today with the Kraton. I got the 20 tooth pinion back in and increased the timing. I ran 52 mph. I'm at my goal mph plus 2. The motor saw 155 F max. My 6S was dropping voltage early on one cell. Time to try a Max Amps battery to see if it holds its voltage up for the money.

Maxamps 150C battery has been ordered. It may take a few weeks to get it. I ordered one for the Kraton with an XT-90 anti spark. Im hoping to see some performance gains and more run time. The only thing that can truly do that for a brushless motor is the battery.

Attachments

• IMG_0307.PNG
    IMG_0307.PNG
    413.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0308.PNG
    IMG_0308.PNG
    381.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I was able to pull off a run today with the Kraton. I got the 20 tooth pinion back in and increased the timing. I ran 52 mph. I'm at my goal mph plus 2. The motor saw 155 F max. My 6S was dropping voltage early on one cell. Time to try a Max Amps battery to see if it holds its voltage up for the money.

Maxamps 150C battery has been ordered. It may take a few weeks to get it. I ordered one for the Kraton with an XT-90 anti spark. Im hoping to see some performance gains and more run time. The only thing that can truly do that for a brushless motor is the battery.
My batterys are also suffering, going to have to upgrade too!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back