Kraton Modification of the weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't mention my old gen 1 tekin rx8 esc finally died on me today! Just a sudden, complete power loss. It developed some glitch issues years ago and that was when it was pulled from track use. RIP... :(
Max 8, here I come!

Those are beautiful! Hulk out!

Max 8....nice !

I didn't mention my old gen 1 tekin rx8 esc finally died on me today! Just a sudden, complete power loss. It developed some glitch issues years ago and that was when it was pulled from track use. RIP... :(
Max 8, here I come!

Those are beautiful! Hulk out!
Not as easy to deal with as XT-90 but my new batts are being sent with Castle Plugs. I wanted to get rid of the anti spark plugs I have. I think they could have potential to cause an issue, if they backed out a little while in use.

Last edited:
Max 8....nice !

Not as easy to deal with as XT-90 but my new batts are being sent with Castle Plugs. I wanted to get rid of the anti spark plugs I have. I think they could have potential to cause an issue, if they backed out a little while in use.
I just reread this entire thread and wish I had done so before ordering the new toro motor! I would have just gone with the Leopard 1730 since I invested in 5s lipo's and don't want invest in a bunch of 6s now! If I were starting from scratch I would run your setup Vanning!

I'm liking my recent setup but it ain't finished yet. Waiting on the new MaxAmps 6S. It's much smaller and lighter than the brick I have in now.
It's also 5400 and change in the mAh department. It's rated as a 120C. Once I started building more of a heavier rig... I decided to really get it powered for more weight.

My 5s setup seemed a bit more nimble. I had it much lighter. Complete different feel.

Last edited:
T Bone racing bumpers and mud guards added today. Only one issue £20 import duty
DSC_0116.JPG
DSC_0114.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG
IMG_0475.JPG
Cool. Looks good bud.

I got a set of deez today. Nothing that cool but they look good. It was time for new nuts.

Last edited:
View attachment 5599 View attachment 5598 Cool. Looks good bud.

I got a set of deez today. Nothing that cool but they look good. It was time for new nuts.
Very clean looking addition. Your rig is dialed in. Freshening up the Nutz is never a bad idea. Vanning, I blame you for what's about to happen to my rig. All of your "mod of the Weekend" stuff has inspired me to fab up some of my own parts. I hope you don't mind but I am going to completely steal some of your ideas. They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery so please take it as that. I just re-read your Kydex shock tower covers and I'm going to attempt to re-create as well as a tower to tower brace. If my work ends up looking like Frankenstein's "ugly red headed step child" I can start a new thread. Maybe something catchy like " The Butcher's version of home mods". This may get ugly!

Very clean looking addition. Your rig is dialed in. Freshening up the Nutz is never a bad idea. Vanning, I blame you for what's about to happen to my rig. All of your "mod of the Weekend" stuff has inspired me to fab up some of my own parts. I hope you don't mind but I am going to completely steal some of your ideas. They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery so please take it as that. I just re-read your Kydex shock tower covers and I'm going to attempt to re-create as well as a tower to tower brace. If my work ends up looking like Frankenstein's "ugly red headed step child" I can start a new thread. Maybe something catchy like " The Butcher's version of home mods". This may get ugly!

LMAO...that's funny bud. I love all the mods....it's fun. Thanks for the kind words.

IMG_0488.PNG
So I acquired a bunch of new parts to focus on the center diff area, I got an aluminum diff gear case, some hardened steel pins, and moved out to the Hot Racing motor mount and aluminum diff hanger to match. The spare parts are slowly being bolted to another chassis pan.

I thought about buying the motor mount,but it looks like it slides in a slot and the adjuster is the only lock,might wear the spur gear with the play ?I think its more bling that won't add anything needed.

I want it so I can adjust my pinion easier and remove the motor easier. . I can't get to the motor bolts with a 20 tooth. I have to do it while everything is all removed. its not that good for bling... the part is black, red is better looking to me and looks better. I don't feel the slot will wear out, if it's machines well from the get go. If it's low quality... it could be bad. I've never had a Hot Racing part that I didn't like. But it did take me a while to pull the trigger in this one K. I can survive without it for sure. I know what you are saying.

I also now have a good start to building another side project Arrma with a bunch of good parts. I got motors, tires, batteries, etc.

I want it so I can adjust my pinion easier and remove the motor easier. . I can't get to the motor bolts with a 20 tooth. I have to do it while everything is all removed. its not that good for bling... the part is black, red is better looking to me and looks better. I don't feel the slot will wear out, if it's machines well from the get go. If it's low quality... it could be bad. I've never had a Hot Racing part that I didn't like. But it did take me a while to pull the trigger in this one K. I can survive without it for sure. I know what you are saying.

I also now have a good start to building another side project Arrma with a bunch of good parts. I got motors, tires, batteries, etc.
I ordered the Hot racing rear axle carriers,will let you know if their worth it.I like the forgiving nature of the plastic front end though it can take some hits!After you have used the motormount for awhile i might warm up to buying if you have good results!
I just checked my stock spare brand new rear plastic axle carriers,the big bearing won't even stay inside the housing,that's where alot of the slop comes from!

Last edited:
IMG_0490.JPG
I ordered the Hot racing rear axle carriers,will let you know if their worth it.I like the forgiving nature of the plastic front end though it can take some hits!After you have used the motormount for awhile i might warm up to buying if you have good results!
I just checked my stock spare brand new rear plastic axle carriers,the big bearing won't even stay inside the housing,that's where alot of the slop comes from!

I'm not sure if you can see this in the picture but this is the very first mod I did to the Kraton on day one. I have a screw holding the rear bearing. Been in there from day number one.

I really like the stock motor mount and the mod we all did on the other side. I just now run a 19, 20, 21 pinion. Depending on the tires I want to use. Right at 20 tooth is where I can barely get an Allen key into the Allen bolts. I'm thinking this mount will be something I prefer. Just went with the far side to match. I think all the metal parts available for the Kraton are great. I would never get a wing mount in metal or control arms.

I really like the stock motor mount and the mod we all did on the other side. I just now run a 19, 20, 21 pinion. Depending on the tires I want to use. Right at 20 tooth is where I can barely get an Allen key into the Allen bolts. I'm thinking this mount will be something I prefer. Just went with the far side to match. I think all the metal parts available for the Kraton are great. I would never get a wing mount in metal or control arms.
Looking forward of the pictures installed!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back