Kraton Modification of the weekend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested to see if these expensive Maxamps perform better. Jeez 120C discharge capable. and people are saying that's true C rating . 5400 plus mah also.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see if these expensive Maxamps perform better. Jeez 150C and people are saying that's true. 5400 and change mAh also.
150 amps on a 10 ga wire would get very hot after a few seconds.They cost enough,your logger results will be interesting!

I should see less voltage sag with this next change and maybe the battery will take more abuse. These 1/8 scales seem to be hard on batteries. I don't plan on anything getting too hot. The price is steep so all the more reason to check one out. Let's see what I get compared to what I have in there now.
5c charge rating is always good and pretty good warranty. I hope to see some good improvement with this battery compared to the Turnigy heavy duty I have in there now. Or it gets returned.

Last edited:
1483051803237.jpg
I got the Leo 4092 in and running. I feel like it's not running at its full potential. It seems to be going even slower than the motor I had in before. This thing should be going buck-wild! I'm taking it to the shop but if anybody has input on why this could be happening it would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 4842 I got the Leo 4092 in and running. I feel like it's not running at its full potential. It seems to be going even slower than the motor I had in before. This thing should be going buck-wild! I'm taking it to the shop but if anybody has input on why this could be happening it would be greatly appreciated.
Bad connection on the motor wires?

What battery, and what gear ratio and what motor is it. Leopard 4092.....? You probably just need to gear it properly. Lower KV just helps you run a little cooler but you have to gear for the speed you want to accomplish. Lower KV motors will be slower if put directly in the same vehicle. Assuming all else is ok.

Last edited:
In the above picture the motor wires look like they weren't soldered on well( lumpy), but it might just look that way?

In the above picture the motor wires look like they weren't soldered on well( lumpy), but it might just look that way?

I see that now.... yeah that does look questionable. However.... he will be slower if it was just a motor swap and nothing else was done.

I see that now.... yeah that does look questionable. However.... he will be slower if it was just a motor swap and nothing else was done.
He was going with the 1730 version as i recall.With a16t it would be as fast as stock,i'm using the 17t pinion,motor temps after two back to back runs gets up to 128f,esc was138f.A bad connection on just one motor wire will decrease speed and power,it should show on his caslte logs?

The Mamba Monster 2 probably can't log data. Im almost positive it doesn't. I was getting great speed with the same motor.... however, if you don't actually record the speed... you don't really know what it is. It's all just guess work. But if it's sluggish... something is wrong.

just got these hot racing chassis braces.... so far really pleased with the looks!

Attachments

• 20161230_201840.jpg
    20161230_201840.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 118
  • 20161230_202849.jpg
    20161230_202849.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 20161230_205431.jpg
    20161230_205431.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 20161230_205438.jpg
    20161230_205438.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 123
I know that those are just chassis braces and all that, but dam are those things Sweet!! I love the machined look with the holes through the middle, anodized black. Very Cool!

I know! I just wanted some aluminum braces, I had no idea they would be this nice! I have had some hot racing parts before and wasn't too impressed, but these way exceeded my expectations!

Much better looking than the other brand people were getting.

What battery, and what gear ratio and what motor is it. Leopard 4092.....? You probably just need to gear it properly. Lower KV just helps you run a little cooler but you have to gear for the speed you want to accomplish. Lower KV motors will be slower if put directly in the same vehicle. Assuming all else is ok.
I'm running 2 3s lipos. They are 5400mah 11.1 50c 60wh. I installed the Mamba Monster2 with the Leo 4092 with 1730kv. U guys are right. It seems to be running stock speeds with the same 14t gearing. It's in the shop right now to make sure all wiring is correct. He said the same thing with this new set up. I need to play around with the gearing to get what I want.

I'm running 2 3s lipos. They are 5400mah 11.1 50c 60wh. I installed the Mamba Monster2 with the Leo 4092 with 1730kv. U guys are right. It seems to be running stock speeds with the same 14t gearing. It's in the shop right now to make sure all wiring is correct. He said the same thing with this new set up. I need to play around with the gearing to get what I want.
I use a 17t with mine on 4s/5s,Thomas P uses the 16t with 6s to give you some ideas.

image.jpeg
Chassis braces:How effective?Heres a test if you dare,put a 4x4 block under each front and rear diff and push down at the center diff.With my brace i can stand on the center diff with very little deflection..

I use a 17t with mine on 4s/5s,Thomas P uses the 16t with 6s to give you some ideas.

View attachment 4932 Chassis braces:How effective?Heres a test if you dare,put a 4x4 block under each front and rear diff and push down at the center diff.With my brace i can stand on the center diff with very little deflection..
I think it's one of the most important mods. After a real hard bash session today, I think you are right about keeping what I have in now. The braces work hard in there. . I ended up improving the one I was using rather than switching to lighter carbon fiber. Mine is so secure and tight, no need to change it. I think the carbon fiber would be too expensive and not worth bothering with. You are all squared up and locked in.... clean work.

With the motors we are using....they seem to handle more weight and big tires. Much better now than stock. I'm getting good results with a heavy body and Backflip tires. Settling in on the 20 tooth pinion. Hard bash session today with the new lexan. The big bubble roof sure does protect everything much better. I tell you what.... it's nice to have no wing and a body that usually sets you back on your tires. I think this is my new standard. No more wing and low flat body.

A few things were tested today that I recently installed. I gave my Kraton hell....huge air, some bad harsh landings etc. Let's see what doesn't hold up type of driving.

The Backflip tires are excellent, loved how they felt. It had more of a monster truck feel, which is fun

My steering servo mod held up... nothing broke..the steering has less slop for sure.

The Pro-line body screw caps. Much better than cotter pins I can tell. I can see less damage happening. Cotter pins sometimes rip through the body. Grab all sorts of ground etc. I like these better.

My new body.... way better in my opinion. Eliminate the wing.... protect the shock towers. I never ended up having to walk and flip the vehicle over.

Last edited:
ParkRacing,

Looks clean. Are you using Velcro between lipo and tray? Probably don't need need it with the lengthwise strap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back