Typhon modify center diff gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordmustang13

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi guys, i need to reduce the spur gear size, i tried to fix 44t spur gear but it dose not work, they told that i have to change some parts in the diff center.

Would anyone advice me?

Like i have told other get a center spool (solid shaft
) and run a revo adapter. Run any gearing you want.

Like i have told other get a center spool (solid shaft
) and run a revo adapter. Run any gearing you want.

And I still don't know what adapter you are referring to... I've done revo searches, but have not found anything that looks like it would help?

I do know of the guy in the EU that makes custom spools, with custom spurs. His spool only works with his spurs, though. I think it was about +$100 for the set.

Oh, so I was searching the FB group, looking for my conversation with Mike, and found a thread on the Intigy spurs - Apperently they make a 38t and 40t spur for the HP apache that bolts up to the Arrma Center diff!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...7ce9Vfbdu2oP8SZ27965DyApHxBKuWjUk-RoC5l3w_wcB

Added to my tower wishlist... :)

Last edited:
both integy and HB spur appear to be similar to vorza spur...which has a relatively larger opening for the typhon diff outdrive

He
My 38T should be here by the end of the week. Not sure when I might get a chance to install it, but I'll let you know :)
Did you have any look using that 38t spur in your typhon? Im about to buy one for mine. Thanks

I ordered one too. Should be here maybe the 18th... also got a 22t pinion.

Hey thanks for the info. I didnt think this topic would pull a reply. Have u been able to confirm that it will fit before purchasing? Also can u see room for a 23t pinion with stock 50t spur? As I have heard it will fit but only just.

He

Did you have any look using that 38t spur in your typhon? Im about to buy one for mine. Thanks
Not yet. I was sick last weekend and I didn't have any screws to put the motor in, so I put it off. I'll hopefully mess with it soon.

Tldr: it fits!

Longer- the only fit issue is the intigy spur is cut for a larger o-ring. Might need a thicker o-ring.

20161018_192445.jpg 20161018_192308.jpg 20161018_191749.jpg 20161018_190027.jpg 20161018_183940.jpg

Yeeehaaa im ordering it now! Thanks for the confirmation Jerry. What pinion are you going to run first. Looking forward to hearing of your results!

With the 38t spur, I also got a 22t Arrma pinion. That will be the first run with this spur. From other speed run threads, I am guessing i will need closer to a 30t - 35t pinion to max out. But I want to start slow-ish. :)

First, though- I am putting the 50t back in. I still need belted tires before I try a speed run.

i don't know if it's just me but doesn't anyone realize that hole is a little too large for the typhon diff shaft?

Err... What diff shaft?

The only hole that is too big is the recess for the o-ring. The out drive shafts fit great. I'll double check for play tonight, but I remember it fitting nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back