Mojave Mojave 1/7 EXB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 3s
Hey you guys that got the Mojave 1/7 EXB. I got the HobbyWing 4985 1650 motor to go in it but can't find a motor fan bracket or heat sink the right size. Please let me know what you did to get the right size. Also fans that you use that you like.
Thanks all

Hey you guys that got the Mojave 1/7 EXB. I got the HobbyWing 4985 1650 motor to go in it but can't find a motor fan bracket or heat sink the right size. Please let me know what you did to get the right size. Also fans that you use that you like.
Thanks all
I use a power hobby dual 40mm fan mount on mine. Works great

Screenshot_20220710-151746_Samsung Internet.jpg

20220801_210101.jpg

20220626_215243.jpg

Last edited:
Do fans like that (bigger than my stock Granite 3s) run off the RX still, or do they pull too much power? I didn't realize the fan was running off the RX until I swapped it out today. Kind of surprised - so was just curious if it's because it's such a tiny one on the granite.

Do fans like that (bigger than my stock Granite 3s) run off the RX still, or do they pull too much power? I didn't realize the fan was running off the RX until I swapped it out today. Kind of surprised - so was just curious if it's because it's such a tiny one on the granite.
Hello and welcome!

You can get larger fans like a 40mm with a JST connection here for the RX. Yes, they do make those ones of the Rocket fans.

A more powerful fan is here, RX connection as well. Wow!

Then there are the 40mm 3S fans that run off a lipo

xmaxx heat sink works great. I use it on all of my 4985's and you can get them for cheap on jennys. I screw 1-2 40mm fans into the fins.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back