Mojave Mojave 6S BLX - 15 runs Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wraith405

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys, just wanted to check in in case anybody is still on the fence about the Mojave 6S. I'm going to go over each piece of the truck and what issues I've had, if any. I've been running on 6S exclusively.

ESC: No issues. It did go into thermal shutdown once, but that was because a lot of grass was caught in the fan. I put a little square of window screen over the ESC fan and haven't had any issues since. ( so much grass ends up everywhere under the body)

Motor: This stock motor gets hot right out of the box, really hot. I was getting temps of 180-210 for the first few runs until I installed a Yeah Racing Heatsink with double fan. That actually helped immensely. I also tried dropping one tooth on the pinion to a 15T, but the temp gains 10-12F less, weren't worth the loss of speed, so I changed it back. My temps now max out at 130-145 for a solid 20 minutes run at 70-80F ambient temps. I think the issue was just lack of airflow at that particular spot under the body.

Body: Speaking of the body, it's cracking a lot. It's a huge body and the material is slightly thicker that normal body Lexan from what I can tell. That said, it is starting to crack a lot around the rear. I shored it up with some gorilla tape under and around the bottom of the body, and that helped stop the damage. It's just a big heavy body covering up a big heavy truck and it takes some damage when you crash. No way around that. I did also break the rear body mounts once on a bad crash.

Tires: These have been a very pleasant surprise! They grip well, hardly balloon at all, and seem to wear very slowly. Mine still look surprisingly decent for as hard as I have run it. I don't much reason to switch away from these. I will probably just grab another pair of them with the gray wheels.

Servo: I never really notice the servo, and that's a good thing. It's slower than I like, and kinda lacking in torque, but it does the job. A new servo and a new servo mount will likely be my first upgrades. Being on the slower side would make it very easy for a newer driver to drive though, so that's good.

Shocks: Super plush and smooth, no issues at all.

Chassis/Braces: No issues and no bending, but I don't jump this one like my Kraton. If you aren't a god of jumping like Vas from Auzzie RC or Rich Duperbash, you'd likely ruin the body fairly quickly. Or at least break the body posts.

MISC: I did have a strange issue where the right front wheel hub was just ... sticky. I don't know how exactly to describe it. It squeaks and made noise when turning, on or off power. I just lubed up the arm and joint with some 3n1 oil and it's been fine since then. I also feel like the wheel bearings in the hubs aren't great, just not as smooth as they could be. I may replace them soon.

Overall Impression: 10/10. This thing is huge, really cool looking, fast as hell, and it handles great. Arrma really killed it with this one. It seems to be very durable, but that's no surprise either. I would totally buy this again.

If anybody has any questions, go for it, I'll do my best to answer everything.

Thanks for this review!
I'm extremely interested in buying one when they come back in stock and it's great seeing a long term review.

YouTube videos usually just show the unboxing and the first couple of runs, that'll only cover so much. I've learned to wait for longer term ownership reports before committing to another purchase.

Hey guys, just wanted to check in in case anybody is still on the fence about the Mojave 6S. I'm going to go over each piece of the truck and what issues I've had, if any. I've been running on 6S exclusively.

ESC: No issues. It did go into thermal shutdown once, but that was because a lot of grass was caught in the fan. I put a little square of window screen over the ESC fan and haven't had any issues since. ( so much grass ends up everywhere under the body)

Motor: This stock motor gets hot right out of the box, really hot. I was getting temps of 180-210 for the first few runs until I installed a Yeah Racing Heatsink with double fan. That actually helped immensely. I also tried dropping one tooth on the pinion to a 15T, but the temp gains 10-12F less, weren't worth the loss of speed, so I changed it back. My temps now max out at 130-145 for a solid 20 minutes run at 70-80F ambient temps. I think the issue was just lack of airflow at that particular spot under the body.

Body: Speaking of the body, it's cracking a lot. It's a huge body and the material is slightly thicker that normal body Lexan from what I can tell. That said, it is starting to crack a lot around the rear. I shored it up with some gorilla tape under and around the bottom of the body, and that helped stop the damage. It's just a big heavy body covering up a big heavy truck and it takes some damage when you crash. No way around that. I did also break the rear body mounts once on a bad crash.

Tires: These have been a very pleasant surprise! They grip well, hardly balloon at all, and seem to wear very slowly. Mine still look surprisingly decent for as hard as I have run it. I don't much reason to switch away from these. I will probably just grab another pair of them with the gray wheels.

Servo: I never really notice the servo, and that's a good thing. It's slower than I like, and kinda lacking in torque, but it does the job. A new servo and a new servo mount will likely be my first upgrades. Being on the slower side would make it very easy for a newer driver to drive though, so that's good.

Shocks: Super plush and smooth, no issues at all.

Chassis/Braces: No issues and no bending, but I don't jump this one like my Kraton. If you aren't a god of jumping like Vas from Auzzie RC or Rich Duperbash, you'd likely ruin the body fairly quickly. Or at least break the body posts.

MISC: I did have a strange issue where the right front wheel hub was just ... sticky. I don't know how exactly to describe it. It squeaks and made noise when turning, on or off power. I just lubed up the arm and joint with some 3n1 oil and it's been fine since then. I also feel like the wheel bearings in the hubs aren't great, just not as smooth as they could be. I may replace them soon.

Overall Impression: 10/10. This thing is huge, really cool looking, fast as hell, and it handles great. Arrma really killed it with this one. It seems to be very durable, but that's no surprise either. I would totally buy this again.

If anybody has any questions, go for it, I'll do my best to answer everything.
Great review of the Mojave! You wouldn't happen to own an Infraction do you. That's likely my next Arrma and would love some additional affirmation that it's bada$$!! :LOL:;)

Appreciate the heads up info! After the holidays I'll probably be looking into a Mojave along with a Limitless. Nice to hear it seems like this Mojave rig will hold up to the fun the other rigs provide!!

Did you swap out the bearings? I can't seem to find a Fast Eddy set for the Mojave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back