Mojave Mojave 6S Chronicle Down Under

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BushBerger69

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
G'day from Shelharbour, Australia. This will be a long term thread of the ups, downs, mods and repairs of this Mojave 6S.

First up... fresh out of the box:
IMG_6650.jpg

Before running, I added some gaff tape to the body mount holes and wheel wells to try and prevent cracking and wear from tyre rub.
IMG_6652.jpg

IMG_6653.jpg

I also HAD to do something about those toy red wheels:
IMG_6655.jpg

IMG_6657.jpg

IMG_6658.jpg

IMG_6661.jpg

I also thought I would just check a few nuts and bolts to make sure everything was tight.... and I found a bottom shock mount ready to fall out.
IMG_6664.jpg

And so I obviously checked all the shocks, and found this rusty screw head.... Mmmmm.... a titanium screw set would fix that. ?
IMG_6665.jpg

Last edited:
I like the grey wheels better.
Rusty screw looks like it was found in the street lol.

G'day from Shelharbour, Australia. This will be a long term thread of the ups, downs, mods and repairs of this Mojave 6S.

First up... fresh out of the box:
View attachment 63529

Before running, I added some gaff tape to the body mount holes and wheel wells to try and prevent cracking and wear from tyre rub.
View attachment 63530

View attachment 63531

I also HAD to do something about those toy red wheels:
View attachment 63532

View attachment 63533

View attachment 63535

View attachment 63534

I also thought I would just check a few nuts and bolts to make sure everything was tight.... and I found a bottom shock mount ready to fall out.
View attachment 63536

And so I obviously checked all the shocks, and found this rusty screw head.... Mmmmm.... a titanium screw set would fix that. ?
View attachment 63537

Welcome to AF.
That Mojave will be awesome. On my bucket list.
I agree about the red rims. Not my thing.
Have fun. ?

Those factory rims look awful with their color schemes. Who the hell looked at the orange and green rims, and then looked at some black rims, and said “yup let’s go with the orange and green” great color choice by you, those looks sweet as well.

Thanks all for the welcome.

So this is how she looked before the first run:
IMG_6670.jpg

IMG_6666.jpg

IMG_6673.jpg

Then after an introduction to 6S on an open grass field.... holy smoke these things are fast, and it glides over everything like a LandSpeeder. But it collects a bucket-load of grass and gravel, and I had to keep tipping it upside down to empty it. Couldn't stop the ESC fan from getting clogged up though.
IMG_6674.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

So my wife bought me a set of black @Notorious J chassis covers:
IMG_6663.jpg

View attachment 63680
View attachment 63681
View attachment 63682

Then after an introduction to 6S on an open grass field.... holy smoke these things are fast, and it glides over everything like a LandSpeeder. But it collects a bucket-load of grass and gravel, and I had to keep tipping it upside down to empty it. Couldn't stop the ESC fan from getting clogged up though.
View attachment 63683
View attachment 63684

View attachment 63685

Did @Notorious J pose for his own product labels? ?

View attachment 63680
View attachment 63681
View attachment 63682

View attachment 63683
View attachment 63684

View attachment 63685

Another option is to but some coarse mesh just on the ESC fan. Like fly screen or I used stainless steel mesh. Works well to keep the leaves out of the ESC.

Another option is to but some coarse mesh just on the ESC fan. Like fly screen or I used stainless steel mesh. Works well to keep the leaves out of the ESC.
^ this works very well.

I used a combination of two things to keep the grass out. I used the T-bone Racing Front Mud Guards . Those work amazingly well for keeping grass and stuff out but did raise my temps a little bit because they almost totally block airflow coming in from the front. Just a fan setup for the motor and you'll be fine.

I also put some windows screen mesh down over the ESC and that worked well to keep grass out of it.

Finally took a closer look at the muck and grass that needed removing and found most of the chassis bolts/screws to have rusted heads and then found the pinion and diff spur in this condition:
CC4A4EDB-547B-4782-9479-E5667EFBEA59.jpeg

Really disappointed. The grass that I ran it on was about 50m from the ocean so maybe there was a heap of salt around. I think I need a head slap... Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is not normal.

Anyhow, I’ve soaked the whole lot in WD40 and then Lanolin spray and I’ve decided to strip it down and remove all traces of rust. Also going to change the diff oils and the receiver while I’m in there and I also have a bearing kit coming just in case.

Is there a stainless or titanium bolt kit for these trucks or similar chassis? If not, maybe a full factory standard bolt kit will do and then keep the truck well away from the coast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back