Mojave Mojave 6s EXB Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 3s
Hey everybody...
I know this has been beat to death but the more I read the more unsure I am of making a good decision so please bare with me and help me out. This is my first 6 cell.
What I would like out of the Mojave EXB is a vehicle to do between 50-60 mph. Bashing with small jumps. I will use for my personal enjoyment with a couple buddies. I will be using a Reef's 500 RAW Servo. (I have one in another vehicle and really like that servo).
I'm asking for help to get a decent motor (KV and Size) and a decent ESC that will good for what I'll be doing with it. Also please include a good starting point for spur and pinion gears.
Motors and ESC's can be "combos" or separate components whatever would be good for this.
Thank you all,
CharlieTuna

2nd that. Max 6 is the way to go

a side note: I do not advise using the max 8 combo in the mojave, kraton or notorious they are too heavy for that combo. I know a lot of people have good luck with it but in my experience the max 8 just isnt a good fit for the bigger trucks if you plan on running on cut grass. Friends of mine have blown the capacitors and i had one go up in flames last week i was lucky i wasnt a few inches closer.

Thanks BB...
So how about the spur? Do you use steel? Is plastic to weak for the 6s? How many teeth on spur is good? Thanks man.
Stock spur gears on all the 6s trucks are steel and i don't think ive ever heard of someone having problems with it that didnt involve doing something very wrong…

Like driving the rc with a pinion gear thats missing teeth lol i may or may not have done that before. but i still didnt ruin the spur somehow!

Hey everybody...
I know this has been beat to death but the more I read the more unsure I am of making a good decision so please bare with me and help me out. This is my first 6 cell.
What I would like out of the MojaveHe EXB is a vehicle to do between 50-60 mph. Bashing with small jumps. I will use for my personal enjoyment with a couple buddies. I will be using a Reef's 500 RAW Servo. (I have one in another vehicle and really like that servo).
I'm asking for help to get a dece

motor (KV and Size) and a decent ESC that will good for what I'll be doing with it. Also please include a good starting point for spur and pinion gears.
Motors and ESC's can be "combos" or separate components whatever would be good for this.
Thank you all,
CharlieTuna

Hey everybody...
What I would like out of the Mojave EXB is a vehicle to do between 50-60 mph. Bashing with small jumps. I will use for my personal enjoyment with a couple buddies. I will be using a Reef's 500 RAW Servo. (I have one in another vehicle and really like that servo).
I'm asking for help to get a decent motor (KV and Size) and a decent ESC that will good for what I'll be doing with it. Also please include a good starting point for spur and pinion gears.
Thank you all,
CharlieTuna
Hey everybody...thanks for all the recommendations and comments. I bought the HobbyWing MaxX combo 1650kv. 4985. The Reefs 500 RAW Servo. Got the Robinson spur (50T) and Robinso 18T, 20T pinions. Just waiting on parts. The truck came yesterday. Thanks again.

Hey everybody...thanks for all the recommendations and comments. I bought the HobbyWing MaxX combo 1650kv. 4985. The Reefs 500 RAW Servo. Got the Robinson spur (50T) and Robinso 18T, 20T pinions. Just waiting on parts. The truck came yesterday. Thanks again.
That’s gonna be a sweet build!

Congrats.

Max 6 here with hobbystar 4082 1600k... rips good even on 4s.... Will take flight on 6s LOL!!! Mike
20220804_141150.jpg

I have the same max6 combo in my exb mojave and the kratkon exb.
mojave now 2 years with scorched mud defenders that really makes a difference. with
16t to 20t it al still works fine for me when bashing around your gonna love it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back