Mojave Mojave 6s gearing problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisb

Reaction score
Truck runs perfect on stand. Once on ground it is very loud and sounds like gears are grinding..all parts are new(center diff gears..pinion gear. New diff case and motor mounts)

Did you shim the Diffs and output gear? Can you tell where the grinding sound is coming from? Will it move or just grinding sounds? If you could post a video helps a lot.

Pinion/spur mesh look good? Is the center diff top cover seated properly so there is no up/down play on the center diff (posts have to fit in the notches of the top cover, not just sitting on the surface).

Did you shim the Diffs and output gear? Can you tell where the grinding sound is coming from? Will it move or just grinding sounds? If you could post a video helps a lot.
I have aftermarket metal diff case so the clips arent used anymore and i put 2 shims on each end when placing the gears in the case. The grinding is coming from the middle where center diff and pinion gear is
.i will get a video to you tomorrow when is day..right now its dark. I really appreciate the help
I have aftermarket metal diff case so the clips arent used anymore and i put 2 shims on each end when placing the gears in the case. The grinding is coming from the middle where center diff and pinion gear is
.i will get a video to you tomorrow when is day..right now its dark. I really appreciate the help
It does move...all the wheels turn on stand and sounds like it should. Its just once on the ground once it starts moving its very loud and grinding noise coming from the middle
Pinion/spur mesh look good? Is the center diff top cover seated properly so there is no up/down play on the center diff (posts have to fit in the notches of the top cover, not just sitting on the surface).
Yes everything is sitting good and looks right. When truck is on the stand all the wheels spin like they should and it sounds good until i put on the ground it makes loud grinding noise coming from the middle. The truck does move forward and backwards just doesn't sound right at all.

Last edited:
Post video so we can better diagnose

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back