Mojave Mojave 6s rear right wheel comes off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdubb502

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi all,

The rear right wheel keeps coming off of my Mojave 6s. This has happened twice since i got it two weeks ago. I see some people are using the M2C (3160) hex extenders. is that the only option or will blue loctite work? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for the knowledge!

No I don't mate but I do use enclosed wheel nuts but I have the original m2c hexes with the shorted thread

the exb hexes are 14.6mm wide. the stock are 13.6mm. You can replace them with exb hexes and apparently this issue gets eliminated.

So if I have a EXB Mojave than I don't need the M2C 3160 hex extender?
Im nit 100% sure as i don't have the exb hexes. They made them 1mm wider to fix this issue so im assuming you wont need m2c. Hopefully someone with an exb can chime in and shed some light on how well the new hexes prevent the rims from rubbing.

Im nit 100% sure as i don't have the exb hexes. They made them 1mm wider to fix this issue so im assuming you wont need m2c. Hopefully someone with an exb can chime in and shed some light on how well the new hexes prevent the rims from rubbing.
YouTube video with EXB Mojave don't talk much about it, but a lot of video I watch all have rear wheel came off for the normal Mojave. lol

Hi all,

The rear right wheel keeps coming off of my Mojave 6s. This has happened twice since i got it two weeks ago. I see some people are using the M2C (3160) hex extenders. is that the only option or will blue loctite work? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for the knowledge!
This was happening on my brother's Big rock we used lock tight and now the wheel doesn't go flying off!

This was happening on my brother's Big rock we used lock tight and now the wheel doesn't go flying off!

Its not the same case with the Mojave.
At the Moja. once your susspension fully comoressed (end of shock stroke) the rear hubs touches the rime at it internal side. The right wheel gets "eaten"...
Finally, it weekens the hex's hub (in the rime) to the point that it deformes (getting rounder) and the wheel nut start to loosen...the rest is known.

Last bashing session with my Mojave EXB I also had to run for the rear right tire, because is came off.... :banghead:

I figured it was my own mistake, but it seems this is a Mojave (EXB) issue?

It was my fourth bashing session. Difference with previous sessions is that I drove a lot longer, because of relatively smooth surface and more batteries....

So I'm going to check/tighten the wheels more often in the next sessions....

Last bashing session with my Mojave EXB I also had to run for the rear right tire, because is came off.... :banghead:

I figured it was my own mistake, but it seems this is a Mojave (EXB) issue?

It was my fourth bashing session. Difference with previous sessions is that I drove a lot longer, because of relatively smooth surface and more batteries....

So I'm going to check/tighten the wheels more often in the next sessions....
I got these "4 RC 17mm Hex Hub Adapters to 8mm Axle" and I have not had anymore issues.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-RC-17mm-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Being use a tiny bit of blue thread lock in all my cars and never had this issue once.. If you do make sure you use only a little drop of it. Too much and you will destroy the rim next time you try to take the nut off.. I guess this is why the M2C double nuts is so popular... :)

Being use a tiny bit of blue thread lock in all my cars and never had this issue once.. If you do make sure you use only a little drop of it. Too much and you will destroy the rim next time you try to take the nut off.. I guess this is why the M2C double nuts is so popular... :)
Dunno…. Never tried loctite…… maybe that’s a better alternative….. dunno

Yeah just use a slight drop of LT blue on alloy hexes and nuts if you are so inclined to do so.:rolleyes: Many do as one last resort.
They have a habit of seizing. TL is not really for Alu. alloy last I heard. And it actually eats through the anodized surface. Been there. TL is designed for steel metal on metal fastener threads. It is acid based from what I know.

Dunno…. Never tried loctite…… maybe that’s a better alternative….. dunno
The trick is to use a very little amount.. Being using it for the past 47 years and it works very well. I also never had any corrosion issue and yes we use it on alloy, SS, titanium, HT and Gal. material without any issues.. I use Permatex brand (they are all the same anyway) and I believe it does come also in Gel now..

Here is a link that may help...

https://streettechmag.com/2017/03/29/permatex-presents-the-eight-most-common-threadlocker-mistakes/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back