Mojave Mojave 6s shuts down with battery at 63%

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Packer

Reaction score
Does the BLX ESC have a shut down mechanism?

The last two times I’ve driven the truck the battery shuts off and both times the battery was at 63%.

Can this be changed on the ESC? Is this something ARRMA built into the ESC to prevent overheating or something?

Yes two, one shutdown for lvc (low voltage) and one for thermal.. what are the temps? Is the esc flashing any codes when it shuts down?

Nothing to worry about, just annoying. Give it a rest for a minute every 5-10 min and you will be fine or wait for colder weather.
Most likley you will be cooking your motor though and that will fail soon. ESC has thermal protection, motor does not.
Add a fan, plenty of threads on this topic. Yeah racing or powerhobby dual fan for the motor are commonly used.

It was my ESC. I ran the truck through a mud patch awhile back I didn’t get all the mud out. Plus the fan was broken on it I can’t believe I didn’t notice this sooner. It’s a miracle everything didn’t burn out. Ordered a new BLX 185 ESC, Power Hobby Heat Sink for the motor and the sock thing for the chassis to keep all the dirt and grass out.

Whenever you get the truck wet i.e. mud, you have to do a thorough cleaning. Fans should be checked after and prior each run. At least that is how I do it. Moisture is a killer even on sealed bearings.

Does the BLX ESC have a shut down mechanism?

The last two times I’ve driven the truck the battery shuts off and both times the battery was at 63%.

Can this be changed on the ESC? Is this something ARRMA built into the ESC to prevent overheating or something?
Hi Todd,
I am having the same issue with my Arrma Mojava 6s,
After 5 min it won’t go anywhere but the wheel turns, and then if I unplug the battery and plug it back in it works for few minutes and then don’t move.
Also going on reverse automatically!
I was looking into some 7 channel gyro receiver.
any suggestions?

I am driving on grass, 2x 3s battery

This thread is about 3 years old, scary that I'm still around ;)

The ESC is telling you why it shut down, look at the blinking LED code. It will repeat.
It sounds like you have LVC shutoff, but only you would be able to tell us by looking at the code.

Radiolink is my go-to radio/receiver combo. Cheap and great setup. Take the RC6GS route and you can pick any receiver.

Throw away that RTR stuff or save it for a rainy day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back