Mojave 6s stripped wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5mall5nail5

Reaction score
Hey all,

Brought my ~4 day old Mojave to a family gathering and one of the younger kids was really gunning it through tall grass. I think the wheel nut backed off and then the hub spun in the wheel rounding it out. So much so that the wheel nut was molten hot when I picked it up lol.

So... Here I am. Ordered another wheel/tire to replace. Just a stock one, but what upgrades do people recommend to avoid rounding the wheel hex out?

I might have to give that a try. My Mojave has a max6/1650kv combo in it. I was driving it through grass and it came to a stop as I watched one of the wheels go flying... The wheel was fine, but I never found the wheel nut.

I might have to give that a try. My Mojave has a max6/1650kv combo in it. I was driving it through grass and it came to a stop as I watched one of the wheels go flying... The wheel was fine, but I never found the wheel nut.
You're kind of lucky... I think the wheel was spinning so fast behind the nut when I went and picked it up I almost got burned - it was insanely hot.

I don't know what the state of your hex looks like with no pics. You could wrap a wheel nut in tin foil and glue it into the hex. It will keep you bashing until a replacement can be sourced. Really cheap easy fix. Worked out great for me, more than once. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back