Mojave Mojave 6s - Stronger shock towers - what should I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aametzger

TORTURED RC
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Outcast 8s
It looks like I need to replace both frt and rr shock towers because they are bent. I see arma makes an exb version for the mojave, as well as at least a couple other aftermarket companies. Does anyone have a recommendations for good solid bash friendly shock towers for the mojave 6s? Should I just get the exb ones?

I never claimed to be the best driver, and unfortunately ever since I got the outcast 8s I find myself trying to send the mojave like I do with the 8s and, well... yea its not the same beast. I looked on M2C's site and I don't see shock towers but maybe i'm missing something.. Does anyone know if the just bash it ones require any modification (different shock standoffs etc) or if they are direct fit? I'm leaning towards the exb ones but am interested to see what else is out there.

It looks like xtreme racing makes a carbon fiber shock tower. I wonder if that will hold up to bashing.. anyone have input on that?

Scorched Parts have Titanium and carbon fibre towers for the Mojave. Titanium ones due back in stock next week.

98438C42-5060-434C-A17F-65F4C20E69E2.jpeg

I was going to say @Dbx scorched rc!! I've been after a swb chassis and typhon towers forever and they're never in stock!! I'll hold out until they are cuz that ti is lovely stuff, custom rc upgrades has ti towers available now but the scorched new versions are 4mm as oppose to 3 at crcu. I have m2c and they're really nice but that ti ooooooooo?

I have the scorched carbon ones but I haven't fitted them yet but they are great quality but if bashing hard I would say scorched titanium ones?

I was always under the impression that carbon fiber was more for weight reduction but not as strong as aluminum. I have snapped a couple carbon towers on my losi scte, so i guess that's what made me think that. Side note I was talking to m2c the other day and they said the mojave and exb towers are in the works, and should be available in a couple weeks. I have m2c chassis and braces, so lean towards that route if they are available soon

It looks like xtreme racing makes a carbon fiber shock tower. I wonder if that will hold up to bashing.. anyone have input on that?
had some of those for the hpi vorza didnt last long at all
I was going to say @Dbx scorched rc!! I've been after a swb chassis and typhon towers forever and they're never in stock!! I'll hold out until they are cuz that ti is lovely stuff, custom rc upgrades has ti towers available now but the scorched new versions are 4mm as oppose to 3 at crcu. I have m2c and they're really nice but that ti ooooooooo?
got the 3mm ti towers from scorched rc had some really bad roof landings and still straight as a arrow

My Typhon 6s roller came with CF towers and they didn’t hold up long. Went back to stock ones. If the stock ones bend I will get some EXB ones.

On a buggy the shock towers are out in the open but on the Mojave they are protected by the body so they should hold up much better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back