Mojave Mojave 6s Suspension for dummies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jminjares

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was was wondering if there were any helpful guides or tutorials on suspension tuning for the Mojave, I pretty much only take it out to sand in glamis and want to make it ride a little smoother out there. I was wondering if there were any long travel kits or anything that could be helpful. I also use the UDR paddles in the rear.

The Mojo has the most plush suspension travel going. Have you tried rebuilding the shocks yet, Changing the Pistons ( spares are included in the box), altering shock droop? If you want Long travel shocks, you need to toss the SCT body and make it a Fireteam. I think your expectations of the Mojo may not be realistic . IDK.:unsure:
I always felt 4x4 rigs need the same tires all around for best traction and diveability. Also prevents drivetrain issues. Because different diameter wheels at F/R makes for undriving/overdriving between the front and rear. This taxes the Center diff drastically.
There are many videos out there regarding how to setup shocks and suspension.
Just my thoughts.:cool:

The Mojo has the most plush suspension travel going. Have you tried rebuilding the shocks yet, Changing the Pistons ( spares are included in the box), altering shock droop? If you want Long travel shocks, you need to toss the SCT body and make it a Fireteam. I think your expectations of the Mojo may not be realistic . IDK.:unsure:
I always felt 4x4 rigs need the same tires all around for best traction and diveability. Also prevents drivetrain issues. Because different diameter wheels at F/R makes for undriving/overdriving between the front and rear. This taxes the Center diff drastically.
There are many videos out there regarding how to setup shocks and suspension.
Just my thoughts.:cool:
i originally rebuilt them with a thicker 80w (1000cst) when i was doing the bigger jumps and bashing at the parks now that it’s season again im going back down to 40w. I also can’t find the pistons that came in the box anymore so I would need to buy some lol. I also keep reading about the droop but i have no clue what to actually do when it comes to that. My center diff is also the 250k aluminum one.

Yeah Imho 80wt is a bit too thick for the stock Mojo pistons. 40W would have been possibly better using the firmer Mojave Option springs instead for that Big air.. And honestly, I never felt the Mojo was made for any bg air. Just that all the YT celebs we see "send" every single Arrma that exists, like they are all made for that 50 +ft. BIG air. Mojo is a low small jumper like all 1/10 SCT's are. Just in 1/7 scale. Try to locate the bag of pistons that came in the box. They are valuable for shock tuning. I guess many guys just toss them out with the box? Not knowning what they are. And the manual never adresses anything about them. Some newbs never even worked on shocks before. I get it. Blame Arrma for that?:giggle: There are threads here and videos about Shock droop. . Properly set also prevents shock damage with hard bashing.
My 2 cents.
:cool:

Last edited:
i originally rebuilt them with a thicker 80w (1000cst) when i was doing the bigger jumps and bashing at the parks now that it’s season again im going back down to 40w. I also can’t find the pistons that came in the box anymore so I would need to buy some lol. I also keep reading about the droop but i have no clue what to actually do when it comes to that. My center diff is also the 250k aluminum one.
If you don't end up finding that bag of shock pistons shoot me a pm & I'll send you some. I just looked & I have like 4 bags of em for some reason. 😄🤷‍♂️ They must come w/ one of the parts bags that I get from Jenny's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back