Mojave Mojave aftermarket shock options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundayracing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Outcast 6s
Anybody find or try any aftermarket shock options for a Mojave? Would like a dual spring setup but having a hard time finding anything

Why a dual spring? I don't think they have them as upgrades for Bashers. I'm sure you can stack 2 with an adjuster nut between them. Sourcing would be an issue though.
But they sucked on my Crawlers IMO. They are not consistent and they bound up at the threaded portion of the Shocks body most of the time. Crawlers even got away from that trend as of late. The concept was a dual rate compression/rebound. I would try to find single dual/variable rate springs if you can find them. I know they are out there. By who and what sizes, I don't know.:) Try playing with the pistons and shock oil pack and preload setting first if you are looking to tune them a bit.

Ya I could find a variable that rate was just hoping for that real plush initial response of a dual spring system. I don't see anything really out there for a quality bolt on shock for this truck at all other than the m2c tops on stock bottoms.

I know what you are looking for in the plushness. Although Crawlers are different, I never felt dual spring were great at all. I had selection of them for Axial and Prolines. No matter what I did each shock would not match and they would just bind. I went to singles and it was night and day better. That's all. M2C is the way to go for rebound/compression. Experimenting with shock oils and going to an emulsion setup is the way the Big air guys go.:cool:
@Rich Duperbash did a very recent video/ walk around of a rig with a VW Beetlel body and he loves the M2C shock upgrade. Rich helped Mich with the R and D. They got it down pat and tuned now.(y) Its got a slower rebound versus compression stroke.

Was maybe even lookin for a shock with a little more travel than stock. Not a real big air guy but I use it as a short course truck on a track with bunch of jumps and whoops And moguls. It handles good now I do have to add oil once in awhile but just seems like there's room for improvement over stock but no parts lol

M2C all the way. You have to decide how thin or thick to go front and rear. You may want thinner at the rear. IDK. Only you will know for sure considering the track and how you like to drive. Understeer vs oversteer etc. Lube a set of new o-rings. Green Slime or Protek Premier Blue. Let them sit in a bag with some lube before assembly. Sometimes Sticktion of the shock shafts/ o-rings causes lame shock repsonse. Just some ideas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back