Mojave Mojave beast from classifieds gets my own touch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeppyjep

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 6s
1st off I’d have to say I couldn’t be happier with this purchase from @BobS . Seriously beautiful truck with a killer castle set up 1650 with a mamba 8x . I ripped it around and wow it ripped ,very impressive .
Obviously I have to make it my own, just wouldn’t be right .
So went with a TP 5870 1200 and max 6 . This is what I have completed so far can’t wait to try it in the next day or 2

4ADCDFA7-E5D9-4A0A-BB36-DCA59BD44F29.jpeg

3D8333BC-9DBC-4399-B5B4-E310FC96C650.jpeg

D23BEB8C-3B30-4E90-B802-C602905B1CCA.jpeg

DDC2AAF2-85F5-44DF-96A5-ACBFD687FEF6.jpeg

F81F5E49-5DA1-46B0-AEC2-58722A88E857.jpeg

Absolutely. A local guy has a 1717 powered XMaxx that’s an absolute beast
That's crazy. I blew TWO 1717 motors running them on 8s within minutes on my Mojave EXB. I guess we all have different experiences. That motor is just too small for an Xmaxx IMHO. I doubt it will last long term. I hope I'm wrong. My 2 cents. And one of those motors was brand new too. 🤷

That's crazy. I blew TWO 1717 motors running them on 8s within minutes on my Mojave EXB. I guess we all have different experiences. That motor is just too small for an Xmaxx IMHO. I doubt it will last long term. I hope I'm wrong. My 2 cents. And one of those motors was brand new too. 🤷
There's been a known issue with the Kevlar wrap on 1717 rotors, though it appears to have gotten better over the past 6-12 months. The reports of grenading rotors hasn't gone away, but the frequency seems to have decreased.

Castle definitely had some QC issues periodically. The 1717 in my friends XMaxx is several years old & is still performs great. It is smaller than what many run in a XMaxx but it’s identical in size to the motor Traxxas puts in the XMaxx & is much more powerful

That motor is definitely too much for a max 6. Mmx8s would for sure do better with it. Man that is one heavy mojave 🤣

That motor is definitely too much for a max 6. Mmx8s would for sure do better with it. Man that is one heavy mojave 🤣

I’m just itching to try that motor , you think the mmx8 would power it more ? Isn’t the max 6 30 amps more amps than the castle and has 1050 burst . Idk once I finish it up I’ll know for sure that castle set up did rip

I’m just itching to try that motor , you think the mmx8 would power it more ? Isn’t the max 6 30 amps more amps than the castle and has 1050 burst . Idk once I finish it up I’ll know for sure that castle set up did rip
I would put little to no stock in numbers when comparing those 2 esc…. Irregardless of the ratings a mmx8 is much stronger than a max 6.

A mmx8 easily pushed my heavy K8 around (1100KV Leo 5898 & just about everything M2C offers) with every bit the authority of the Max 5 that’s in it now.

^
What he said :cool:

^
What he said :cool:

Well alrighty then , I have have an Xlx2 in my outcast 5 TH scale and it’s a monster no doubt . I can always swap the mmx8 back in. Just have to try them both . Thats the fun in this game anyway right

You were correct !! @Moirae So the TP motor was too heavy as a couple you guys said it would be . It just wasn’t right for the truck so I put the 1650 castle back in it but I left a hobby wing max six and I got to say the truck has more with the max 6 then the mamba . So I’m going throw the mmx8 in my kraton

F1252CE5-BE7C-4D56-BF9A-AA5F80124598.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back