Mojave Mojave BLX build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopes3d

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
So that potential owner turned into an owner…
First impressions looks very well put together, and just the small details like the people inside the cockpit. Was slightly worried on the size after only having petrol 1/5 but size is perfect and looking forward to this leccy power.
For the UK guys massive shoutout to Modelsport ordered late on Thursday evening and arrived early Saturday morning.

Will be adding on the arches before it goes out for the maiden voyage. Plans are just to bash till it breaks then start upgrading, or if I get bored of power will look into a max 6 combo.
2C30974C-505B-4874-ADBF-2F233E906D9B.jpeg
1AA38371-7549-453B-9B80-E9DFA01C3BEF.jpeg
ACB267F3-E309-4265-B80D-19F5031E5AEB.jpeg

Seems like you‘re good to go.👍
The stock servo is pretty weak. You may want to like into Amazon or Aliexpresss for the DS3235 or DS3230 Pro.
Cheers for the recommendation, I’ll have a look into that but will run stock for the time being
Nice start-up kit.. I'm digging that batt-safe!!
Haha cheers, thought better to be safe than sorry after some of the horror stories kicking about on some forums

First of a lot of stupid questions regarding electric side of things. Only took it out the box this morning having a better look over it, the truck is very hard to move forwards and backwards by hand. My first port of call tomorrow will be to look at the mesh of the motor to centre diff. But how do the brakes work on this, are they automatically set on the motor once power is disconnected?

There are no “brakes” it uses the motor to brake, so when you roll it when off you are just overcoming the friction in the driveline and the resistance of the rotor/magnets in the motor. Should certainly not be “hard” to roll but there will be some resistance and it will make some gear noise.

Sounds like I’ve been sent a duff motor in it, re meshed it today to make sure it wasn’t that. Without the motor in it all spins nice and free, with it in can’t even push it. Going to contact them Monday to try and sort a replacement out.

Can you spin the motor shaft with your fingers without the pinion on it?
I haven’t taken the pinion off the motor yet, would that make much of a difference being the pinion can only slot on one way?

Managed to get hold of Modelsport today. They were saying it’s normal to feel that tight, I’m just baffled can’t even roll the car by hand. But anyway they advised to remove the motor and power it up. Chucked the batteries in there and the motor does spin up ok. Going to get it back together tomorrow and see if it will turn over when it’s back in

Something was wrong if you couldn't roll the car, must of had the center diff bound up.. make sure to double check and re check your progress as you reassemble it, this will be a necessity as you proceed

Couldn’t roll the car out the box but when motor is disconnected from car it rolls fine, but as above motor does run ok. Don’t understand what else it could be once I’ve re-meshed it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back