Mojave Mojave body mounts on Kraton shock towers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I am planning a Krajave aka Kraton XL build. I am going to use a Mojave body. I'm wondering if I can properly mount the Mojave body brackets to the Kraton shock towers. I could just open up the package of mounts and see if they line up but I won't be home for a few days and if I need them I want to order the Mojave towers tonight or tomorrow. Has anyone tried this? Am I somehow better off with Mojave shock towers anyways? Can someone post me a pic of their Mojave EXB shock towers with mounts on them?

They use 8 screws per tower on the mojave. I suppose you could drill the holes in kraton towers if the holes in the middle aren't too big. Are you using a mojave chassis? You are probably better off with mojave towers. If you use any of the mounts in the bag i have a feeling you won't be lining up with the holes already in a mojave body. The holes are pretty wide and right even with the towers.

They use 8 screws per tower on the mojave. I suppose you could drill the holes in kraton towers if the holes in the middle aren't too big. Are you using a mojave chassis? You are probably better off with mojave towers. If you use any of the mounts in the bag i have a feeling you won't be lining up with the holes already in a mojave body. The holes are pretty wide and right even with the towers.
Yea, I found some pictures online of both sides of the towers. Yes, I have an M2C Mojave chassis on the way. Should be in on Tuesday. Looks like I will need them after all. M2C's it is as they are almost the same price as EXB's! 😲

Last edited:
Yea, I found some pictures online of both sides of the towers. Yes, I have an M2C Mojave chassis on the way. Should be in on Tuesday. Looks like I will need them after all. M2C's it is as they are almost the same price as EXB's! 😲

What did you end up doing?

What did you end up doing?
M2C threw up all over my K6! 🤮🤣

20220226_100400.jpg

20220226_141346.jpg

Rear shocks are all the same within a mm Fireteam/Mojave/Notorious/Kraton. Fireteam Springs have the highest spring rate.

*In the front I recommend going longer shocks and fireteam 117mm springs on any XLWB wide arm build, especially with additional weight due to aluminum/power upgrades.

My towers are Mojave along with body post mounts, the top tower holes from upper shock mount are drilled down to allow full droop and not cause dogbone exit upon full articulation.

01168C67-3E4E-4406-80D2-E6AF72DC758A.jpeg

2C386597-4439-4AD9-B67C-DAB5E44ED685.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmm interesting. Doing this build would be a cool project for me as well, i love it. Now would it be more ideal to go with the rear Fireteam shocks for the front and rear for build since they are long and have those better springs you think? I just noticed they shock sizes are different (kinda new).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back