Mojave Border Patrol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Mojave
  4. Typhon 6s
This will be a progress log for my Mojave Border Patrol conversion.

Kind of faking it as I go. ;)

First up, the basic idea (subject to change) Ordered the new Body Yesterday, hopefully here within a week or so.

Border Patrol Theme.jpg

In the mean time I decided to cut some circulation vents in the decking behind the seats, not ready to figure out extra fans yet but we will see how this does.

Deck Venting.jpg

Added some Window Screen to help keep debris out, lots of hot glue, shouldn't go anywhere. not super pretty, but you cant see it when it's all closed up.

window screen .jpg

Still need to order paint and new skid plates for the roof. Thinking of adding a light bar but not sure where I can put it where it wont get trashed, still a bit of a newbie. ;)

Cool build, looking forward to seeing it finished. How are you going to do the decals?
Thanks, I am lucky enough to have all the right equipment I need to print them at work. I am spoiled in that department. ;)

Very cool can’t wait to see the finished product.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting it going!

Thanks, I need to get my paint ordered so I can get started when the new body gets here.

Last edited:
Getting closer, I have most of my stuff now, still waiting on a couple of cans of paint. Guess the next thing I'd better take care of is getting my stickers designed and sized.
PSX_20200811_191606.jpg

Thanks, I'm starting to get excited, trying not to let myself rush it and do something I can't undo. I have painted many an rc plane but not from the inside. ;)

Thanks for the heads up, I have the ability to make my own, but it never hurts to have a backup plan. ;)

Well, haven't had much progress yet, got most of my stickers printed, but I still need to mask off the body for painting. Real life has been getting in the way lately, but I promise there will be progress soon.

I decided I didn't want my border patrol drivers looking like they are race car drivers, I swapped them with some 1/6 scale action figure heads. Pretty good match size wise.

PSX_20200830_191110.jpg
PSX_20200830_191012.jpg

Really cool build, I love the look and concept.

What software do you use to make that concept graphic?

Also I noticed most have a law enforcement light bar on top. Is that something you might add?
1655306284670.png

Really cool build, I love the look and concept.

What software do you use to make that concept graphic?

Also I noticed most have a law enforcement light bar on top. Is that something you might add?
View attachment 223806
The line art was a scan from the manual, the graphics portion was added in photoshop. Wish I could have drawn the line art! I though about a lightbar but I would have to mount it inside the window because I'm kind of rough on the Mojave, lot's of tumbles. :ROFLMAO:

This will be a progress log for my Mojave Border Patrol conversion.

Kind of faking it as I go. ;)

First up, the basic idea (subject to change) Ordered the new Body Yesterday, hopefully here within a week or so.

View attachment 92745

In the mean time I decided to cut some circulation vents in the decking behind the seats, not ready to figure out extra fans yet but we will see how this does.

View attachment 92747

Added some Window Screen to help keep debris out, lots of hot glue, shouldn't go anywhere. not super pretty, but you cant see it when it's all closed up.

View attachment 92749

Still need to order paint and new skid plates for the roof. Thinking of adding a light bar but not sure where I can put it where it wont get trashed, still a bit of a newbie. ;)
Love that whole Border Patrol theme there.
Like the venting as well. I vented only one hole in my body (motor side), Screened as well using Hot Glue, and it made a difference, especially when I put a windshield on the body.
Nice.(y)(y):)
The line art was a scan from the manual, the graphics portion was added in photoshop. Wish I could have drawn the line art! I though about a lightbar but I would have to mount it inside the window because I'm kind of rough on the Mojave, lot's of tumbles. :ROFLMAO:
Place a Light Bar,( not too longish) just ahead of the Lower front winshield area.
It wont get much damage at all being recessed and away from "roll over" contact.
I considered this myself for the scale appearance.
On the roof always looks best, just that it won't last but 2 minutes, bashing wise.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nice photoshopping 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back