This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilodi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Looking for sources on:
  • What customisation are available?
  • How to perform them?

I am looking for a bigger receiver box so I can fit Flysky FS-FGR4 Receiver for Flysky Noble FS-NB4 Transmitter on it. FGR4s fits but then i loose the antenna and thus the range that the other one offers.

Thanks for the help

T bone racing has front and rear bumpers with integral skid plates, mud/gravel guards, and an exo roll cage. I believe their products are warrantied for breakage.

Looking for sources on:
  • What customisation are available?
  • How to perform them?

I am looking for a bigger receiver box so I can fit Flysky FS-FGR4 Receiver for Flysky Noble FS-NB4 Transmitter on it. FGR4s fits but then i loose the antenna and thus the range that the other one offers.

Thanks for the help

I would definitely recommend either the T-Bone mudguards front and rear or a Dusty Motors shroud (or both like me) because the Mojave fills up with grass and gravel VERY quickly.

Front and rear alloy chassis braces from M2C or GPM if you plan to do some larger jumps.... others here have bent chassis and/or broken the plastic braces when bashing hard.

I was going to try and find a larger receiver box for the same reason as you, but research on this forum showed that the smaller FGR4s works fine for a few hundred metres, so unless you plan on doing super long distance speed runs, I'd just install the FGR4s.

Changing your diff fluids (especially the centre diff) to heavier weights will reduce "diffing out" to the front wheels and will give more drive to the rear... which is generally what you would want. What weights?.... do some research on this forum, but I've installed 500K in the centre diff, 60K in the front and 30K in the rear. Standard is 10K/100K/10K.

Hope that helps.

I would definitely recommend either the T-Bone mudguards front and rear or a Dusty Motors shroud (or both like me) because the Mojave fills up with grass and gravel VERY quickly.

Front and rear alloy chassis braces from M2C or GPM if you plan to do some larger jumps.... others here have bent chassis and/or broken the plastic braces when bashing hard.

I was going to try and find a larger receiver box for the same reason as you, but research on this forum showed that the smaller FGR4s works fine for a few hundred metres, so unless you plan on doing super long distance speed runs, I'd just install the FGR4s.

Changing your diff fluids (especially the centre diff) to heavier weights will reduce "diffing out" to the front wheels and will give more drive to the rear... which is generally what you would want. What weights?.... do some research on this forum, but I've installed 500K in the centre diff, 60K in the front and 30K in the rear. Standard is 10K/100K/10K.

Hope that helps.

Had yours out for a drive yet with the new diff fluids?

Your right about filling up with crap. Took my new one for a quick drive on the grass before i pulled it apart for some mods and the amount of grass in there was incredible. The ESC had a heap of grass in it. Have the dusty motors shroud and motor cooling fans ready to go on once i get it back together. Will probable make some front plastic mudguards aswell.

What body type/size does Arrma Mojave fall under?

I know it's 6S BLX but I don't see it mentioned explicitly on sites for parts. Maybe because it's too new in the market, wanted to verify with you all as I am too new to this.

I am seeing lots of options for Arrma 6BLX, Tailon, Kraton 6s and Outcast mentioned as sharing the same upgrades, will those parts also fit on Mojave?

What body type/size does Arrma Mojave fall under?

I know it's 6S BLX but I don't see it mentioned explicitly on sites for parts. Maybe because it's too new in the market, wanted to verify with you all as I am too new to this.

I am seeing lots of options for Arrma 6BLX, Tailon, Kraton 6s and Outcast mentioned as sharing the same upgrades, will those parts also fit on Mojave?
its a 1/7th scale but the only "fitting body" I have seen was putting the Infraction body on it and then extending the stands to accommodate for it - I guess there arent that many options yet and not sure if there will be

Last edited:
its a 1/7th scale but the only "fitting body" I have seen was putting the Infraction body on it and then extending the stands to accommodate for it - I guess there arent that many options yet and not sure if there will be

this guy is good the buggy conversion is almost unrecognisable. I have been hoping Arrma does a UDR type realistic body for it but this guys changed the whole look of the truck, can't even tell it's the same Mojave underneath.

Had yours out for a drive yet with the new diff fluids?

Your right about filling up with crap. Took my new one for a quick drive on the grass before i pulled it apart for some mods and the amount of grass in there was incredible. The ESC had a heap of grass in it. Have the dusty motors shroud and motor cooling fans ready to go on once i get it back together. Will probable make some front plastic mudguards aswell.

Haven't been back out yet... been waiting on bits and time in the shed. Will report on the diffs as soon as I run it. I'm hoping that it wheelies heaps with the thick centre fluid, but if it doesn't, I've also got a 15T pinion and some 146mm Katars for more drive and grip....

hey guys I defintaly need a "larger" waterproof reciever box. The Flysky

Hope that helps.

Hey I would definitely recommend to get a "bigger" waterproof receiver box as the FGR4s barely has a range of 200 meters.

the worst part is once it lost the signal the car proceeded to follow the last command it received and to my horror rammed straight into the bush at full speed while i was running to get in range,while it was at full speed. The only thing worse would have been that it rammed into someone at atleast 60kmph.

I actually recorded this but can't upload videos in the forums.

hey guys I defintaly need a "larger" waterproof reciever box. The Flysky

Hey I would definitely recommend to get a "bigger" waterproof receiver box as the FGR4s barely has a range of 200 meters.

the worst part is once it lost the signal the car proceeded to follow the last command it received and to my horror rammed straight into the bush at full speed while i was running to get in range,while it was at full speed. The only thing worse would have been that it rammed into someone at atleast 60kmph.

I actually recorded this but can't upload videos in the forums.
I fitted my Mojave with a RX box from my eMaxx 16.8 in order to fit my older Futaba receiver. The part number is TRA3924. It takes a bit of work to get it to screw into the Mojave mounts, though

I fitted my Mojave with a RX box from my eMaxx 16.8 in order to fit my older Futaba receiver. The part number is TRA3924. It takes a bit of work to get it to screw into the Mojave mounts, though
interesting, new to the RC world I would have thought Traxxas stuff wont fit/work in Arrma but then again I have seen videos of people putting 8s motors and escs on cars made for 2/3s :)

I actually ended up ordering Futaba R334SBS but I have bigger problems now.

Due to that accident my servo saver is damaged and i can't seem to get the two screws holding it in out. I have posted that already on another thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...rews-to-change-servo-saver.21015/#post-294237

Arrma put so much locktie on the steering system (bell crank, servo saver) that i ended up stripping the screws and no am looking into impact drivers to get them out. I fear I may have to break the whole setup to change it, have already ordered all the parts. my Mojave is collecting dust since this crash. Every time I get a suggestion I try but fail so then hope to try something else anyone suggests :(

interesting, new to the RC world I would have thought Traxxas stuff wont fit/work in Arrma but then again I have seen videos of people putting 8s motors and escs on cars made for 2/3s :)

I actually ended up ordering Futaba R334SBS but I have bigger problems now.

Due to that accident my servo saver is damaged and i can't seem to get the two screws holding it in out. I have posted that already on another thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...rews-to-change-servo-saver.21015/#post-294237

Arrma put so much locktie on the steering system (bell crank, servo saver) that i ended up stripping the screws and no am looking into impact drivers to get them out. I fear I may have to break the whole setup to change it, have already ordered all the parts. my Mojave is collecting dust since this crash. Every time I get a suggestion I try but fail so then hope to try something else anyone suggests :(
I had to drill a new hole in the bottom to get into fit.

As for the steering system - I decided a couple of weeks ago that before pulling any more bolts out of my truck I would get a really good set of hex tools. It's saved me a lot of headaches. Arrma uses a lot of thread locker. Good tools, heat, and power.

what are a good set of hex tool, heat and power?

I had been using my iFixit kit for the rustler 4x4 vxl without issue.

I picked up a set of Wera Allen keys. For heat either a soldering iron or a small butane torch works. Power is just elbow grease

MIP is well known for making very high quality tools. A long time favorite of many RC drivers, and plenty of other people.
oh I am in Germany so guess it's mostly Germany brands "like a Bosch" but they are also criticised as some of their items are clearly made in china :p

I did see Wera as it is also German, what kit would be recommended to cover most RC needs?

I picked up a Hex-Plus Allen Key set. Ranges from 1.5mm to 10mm. You most likely won't need anything over 6mm.

The part number for the kit is 133164. Color coded and everything. I love em.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back