Mojave Mojave diff shims?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. The diffs are the same. Diff shimming is case by case and vary as to how many and to their placement.

OK so I haven't had any problems with the Mojave yet. Was having plenty with the outcast and haven't had anything since installing shims. Was thinkin about just Goin into Mojave and copying setup I put in the outcast today avoid breaking it. I guess I should just wait and see if it acts up?

The Mojave has smaller wheels and less loading of the diffs. Diffs generally last a bit longer than the big wheeled 6s rigs.

OK so I haven't had any problems with the Mojave yet. Was having plenty with the outcast and haven't had anything since installing shims. Was thinkin about just Goin into Mojave and copying setup I put in the outcast today avoid breaking it. I guess I should just wait and see if it acts up?
The Outcast is rough on diffs because of how people drive them....standing backflips and multiple rotations in the air that end up with on throttle or on brake landings. I see more issues with the Outcast/Notorious diffs than any other truck and since the diffs are all the same I blame the drivers ?

My Mojave has the shims they added with the last round of updates (V4 Kraton, etc.). Same with my V4 Talion. I'm running a lot more power in the Talion and the diffs have been fine. I really don't think the Mojave needs any internal diff shimming.

I wonder if mine does I just got it a month ago. How can you tell if it is the v4?

Ahh that's awesome. Do you guys ever just go in and change your diff oils? And what weight do you you run in there? I run on a big track or made with lots of giant burmed turns thinkin about running maybe 30 in front and rear and a real heavy center weight

Ahh that's awesome. Do you guys ever just go in and change your diff oils? And what weight do you you run in there? I run on a big track or made with lots of giant burmed turns thinkin about running maybe 30 in front and rear and a real heavy center weight
I run 200k in the middle and kept the f/r the same.

I wonder if mine does I just got it a month ago. How can you tell if it is the v4?
The Mojave was released well after Arrma revised the shims for all their V4/2019 6S diffs.

I shimmed my mojave diffs same time as changing the fluid. Just shimmed as per duper bash’s guide - only had to add one shim to each pair of the smaller gears, cus other shims present by default.

edit: oh also added single external shim to front and rear diffs

Last edited:
I run the Duperbash formula - 50K front/200K centre/20K rear. I think he actually specifies 60K front, but I could only get my hands on 50K readily in Aus.

Service frequency? This is my first RC for years, and I only got it a few months ago - so i don’t have any practical experience. Manual recommends every 20 packs or 5 hours of run time....

I run the Duperbash formula - 50K front/200K centre/20K rear. I think he actually specifies 60K front, but I could only get my hands on 50K readily in Aus.

Service frequency? This is my first RC for years, and I only got it a few months ago - so i don’t have any practical experience. Manual recommends every 20 packs or 5 hours of run time....
I didn't realize he had one.

Ya I think im gonna change mine. Ill run 5 hours almost every weekend around the track. Wonder why he does thicker front than rear

Ya I think im gonna change mine. Ill run 5 hours almost every weekend around the track. Wonder why he does thicker front than rear

How many batteries to u have?

I think cause once the nose pulls up while accelerating u loose traction at the front wheels (less weight on them)-
At that point if the front diff has a heavyer fliud than the rear the torque will be tranfered better to the rear, where there more traction.
I think thats also contributes handeling while in the air..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back