Mojave Mojave electronics issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthewmojave

Reaction score
I’ve been having an issue recently with my Mojave. I’m leaning towards the receiver being bad but I’m not sure. It turns on and has a delay before I’m able to turn or anything. When I try and drive it, it’s all fine for about a minute. The throttle just cuts off like theirs no signal and it just rolls. When that happens the steering also stops working and it actually starts twitching and even goes full lock one direction then the other. The throttle will come back for a sec but just shut right back off. If I turn it on and just leave it sitting it’s fine. It never has the steering problems. But as soon as I take off it starts again. I’ve reset everything you possibly can, I’ve tried other radio and receivers I had laying around but when do I have no reverse at all. Have brakes but no reverse. Haven’t tried driving it like that just in case something goes wrong. I’ve had it for about 7 or 8 months now. First issue I’ve had with it. Any ideas?

Welcome!

Is it the V1 with the Spektrum STX2 radio? If so, those have been known to have latency issues. You can try contacting Horizon to see if they will change out your radio for you but it might be better to just pick up an SLT3 or DumboRC radio for around $25-30.

Welcome!

Is it the V1 with the Spektrum STX2 radio? If so, those have been known to have latency issues. You can try contacting Horizon to see if they will change out your radio for you but it might be better to just pick up an SLT3 or DumboRC radio for around $25-30.
I would start here if you have the V1. GL! (y)

If it's the V2, maybe it's the batteries in the transmitter? I've never had problems with the V2.

I have the spektrum stx200. When I bought it I was unaware of arrma and the v1 or v2. I was and still am very into nitro and wanted to try electric so it was my first one. I don’t regret it at all. I’m definitely going for radio and receiver first cause even when it was work fine the range was just awful. I’m from the 27mhz am and 75mhz fm days and even those seemed better in range. Glad they switched to the new radios. Will update after I see what happens.

Back