Mojave electronics suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandracer_NL

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
Since my finger is itchy for ‘Buy now’ the anticipated new 1/7 Mojave, what electronics are recommended? Assuming it will be a roller instead of a V2 with all electronics onboard.
I thinking of several options/combinations. I have a Hobbywing 4274 2000kv (6s) and Hobbywing 150A esc (wp8bl150) in my 1/8 buggy, which is only a couple of months old and well taken care of. I also recently bought a used Arrma blx2000kv motor (ar390174), the motor was used in the 6s Line of the Nero. That motor is well taken care of, but seems OK (not ran it thus far).

I saw a HW combo set of the Max8 esc and 4275SL 2200kv. But als a Max6 esc and 4985 1650kv. Another option would be using the set up of my buggy for the Mojave and put the blx 2000kv in it with a new (or used) esc. Or I can buy a separate motor and esc, preferably Hobbywing though.
I don‘t need wheelies or insane speed, around 35mph on 4s will do. Can always buy those 6s to get to 50mph. A smooth, cool running, high torque combo is preferred.

Any recommendations so I’m prepared if the new 1/7 Mojave is released without electronics?
One more question, is there much difference between a high voltage servo and a ’normal’ servo?

I just bought a brand new Mojave roller of eBay. I have a castle mx8s with the sensored 1717 1650kv. It’s the perfect set up for the Mojaves 1/7 size. It rips on 6s. Insane on 8s but still fun on 4s

Mamba monster 2 with a 4585 or a max6 with a 4585 both would run cool cool and have plenty of punch.

I just bought a brand new Mojave roller of eBay. I have a castle mx8s with the sensored 1717 1650kv. It’s the perfect set up for the Mojaves 1/7 size. It rips on 6s. Insane on 8s but still fun on 4s
what pinion size do you run on 4s and 6s? Any idea how much speed you get on 4s (35mph/50kmh)?

I’m running an 18t on 6s which is prob too tall but I haven’t had any prob with temps yet. I was running a 23t on 4s and it was fast. I haven’t done any speed measurements with the Mojave yet but the truck pops wheelies with 2.8 belted trenchers. Most guys would suggest 16t on 6s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back