Mojave Mojave EXB 8s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtheruler79

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
I've been stuck in FB RC group land for the last year so I figured it was time to make a forum appearance.

Just waiting for the EXB to arrive.
IMG_0546.jpeg

Gear high so I run 12v server fans on my esc’s and motors. Here are few more that I wired up.

View attachment 108285

View attachment 108286

View attachment 108288

View attachment 108289
It's a shame the MMX8S comes with such short main leads. How did you extend them? Judging from the lack of a bulge in the shrink wrap I would say just by intertwining the wires and soldering, but that's my guess. Love the dual QS8s connectors, started using them myself, and really love the design, now if they could be more readily available via Amazon Prime I would have all my cars converted over. LOL

It's a shame the MMX8S comes with such short main leads. How did you extend them? Judging from the lack of a bulge in the shrink wrap I would say just by intertwining the wires and soldering, but that's my guess. Love the dual QS8s connectors, started using them myself, and really love the design, now if they could be more readily available via Amazon Prime I would have all my cars converted over. LOL
Completely agree, mmx8s wires should be longer! Yep, extended intertwining instead of twisted then soldered. Also used Castle 10awg for exact wire match.
Where are you buying Ose anti sparks? Offshore Electronics is super cheap (especially if ordering over 10) and ships fast.

Completely agree, mmx8s wires should be longer! Yep, extended intertwining instead of twisted then soldered. Also used Castle 10awg for exact wire match.
Where are you buying Ose anti sparks? Offshore Electronics is super cheap (especially if ordering over 10) and ships fast.
Offshore is not the cheapest however
www.islandhobbynut.com
Charges the same $5, but that's for both male and female.?

Looks sick! Got me extra excited for the FedEx guy to show up.
Hey Bob,

Its Jason Basher from FB. I’ll be sending you pics of the mount and switch holder installed as soon as I’m finished.

SRC Terrain Crushers and HR front hubs arrived today.
View attachment 108293
I have those Belted Sweep Terrain crushers. They are very well balanced out the package. too. 7 packs run on them. Great all around tires. Best for speed running They simply don't balloon clocked around 63'ish mph. I mounted a cam to my K6s and not the slightest tire expansion can be seen. They are ok on tight grass and damp dirt. But they get loose in the sandy stuff. On pavement I can wheelie all day. Traction is the best. I got mine direct in person close by for $100. Out the door. The SR US distributor just happens to be 2 miles away. Luck. The owner of the US franchise is big into Drag racing and sponsors them locally. FWIW. Sweeps are great tire alternatives. Not that expensive IMHO. They actually build some of their wheels in house right here. He gave me a quick tour. He said I can always come and buy in person. Nice guy. It turns out we crossed paths many years ago when we both raced. But he is 99% online sales for USA distribution. Black rims are the cheapest vs the Blue chrome. I was worried that the spokes would crack. But I've done 10ft air with no issues. BTW SweepsRacing is not cheap with their tire glue. Way better than PL IMHO. These wheels were glued very well.

PPS parts are incredible. Happy with mine.
:cool:

20201119_131745.jpg

Last edited:
I have those Belted Sweep Terrain crushers. They are very well balanced out the package. too. 7 packs run on them. Great all around tires. Best for speed running They simply don't balloon clocked around 63'ish mph. I mounted a cam to my K6s and not the slightest tire expansion can be seen. They are ok on tight grass and damp dirt. But they get loose in the sandy stuff. On pavement I can wheelie all day. Traction is the best. I got mine direct in person close by for $100. Out the door. The SR US distributor just happens to be 2 miles away. Luck. The owner of the US franchise is big into Drag racing and sponsors them locally. FWIW. Sweeps are great tire alternatives. Not that expensive IMHO. They actually build some of their wheels in house right here. He gave me a quick tour. He said I can always come and buy in person. Nice guy. It turns out we crossed paths many years ago when we both raced. But he is 99% online sales for USA distribution. Black rims are the cheapest vs the Blue chrome. I was worried that the spokes would crack. But I've done 10ft air with no issues. BTW SweepsRacing is not cheap with their tire glue. Way better than PL IMHO. These wheels were glued very well.

PPS parts are incredible. Happy with mine.
:cool:

View attachment 109885
I’ve seen many cracked wheels posted online but yet to crack one myself after owning a few sets. No full sends, just street, dirt and light jumping though. Completely agree, amazing wheels at a decent price.

I saw the same with cracked wheels. I took a chance. ?‍♂️ I am Happy so far. I have cracked many ProLine wheels real easy. Almost brand new ones. These are not hard Basher wheels by any means. I have other wheels for that type of bashing. I could see very cold ambients cracking these Sweeps easily. Just a guess. I hope I didn't jinx myself just now. :ROFLMAO:
We just dropped down to 30F here in NYC. I guess its time to take these off for the winter and put the BF's back on. :LOL:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back