Mojave Mojave EXB 8s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame the MMX8S comes with such short main leads. How did you extend them? Judging from the lack of a bulge in the shrink wrap I would say just by intertwining the wires and soldering, but that's my guess. Love the dual QS8s connectors, started using them myself, and really love the design, now if they could be more readily available via Amazon Prime I would have all my cars converted over. LOL
Sleeved bullets with shrink wrap may be more effective. Will def need solder flux paste( very sparingly) to do it without the bullets. Too much Flux works against you and can make wires snap easily form the corrosive nature of flux on wire stranding. Heavy guage wire is hard solder to each other directly. I've had failed and broken ones while hard bashing.

Sleeved bullets with shrink wrap may be more effective. Will def need solder flux paste( very sparingly) to do it without the bullets. Too much Flux works against you and can make wires snap easily form the corrosive nature of flux on wire stranding. Heavy guage wire is hard solder to each other directly. I've had failed and broken ones while hard bashing.
Tell me about it? I've given up on trying to install cap packs because of my fear of screwing up the mains. I did a pretty good job this time installing the QS8’S and the 6.5mm bullets on the output side. I can live with under a volt of ripple. I just hope my MMX8S can too???

Should be ready for a maiden run tonight. Hot Racing hubs (AON21MA01) are not going to work without modification due to the thicker hexes. Also had to order a longer sensor cable. Need to look into another battery tray to fit taller 4s lipos and figure out what 12v fan setup I want to use on the motor.
E5D40817-3FDC-4AD3-86F9-7B84E29208D0.jpeg

Last edited:
Should be ready for a maiden run tonight. Hot Racing hubs (AON21MA01) are not going to work without modification due to the thicker hexes. Also had to order a longer sensor cable. Need to look into another battery tray to fit taller 4s lipos and figure out what 12v fan setup I want to use.
View attachment 109978
Damn you must have been the one to grab the last pps top plate in stock?. Oh well, sweet build man?. Do like I did for the MMX8S fan, get a hobbypower aluminum 40mm, strip that thing, and buff to a shine.
20201111_135557.jpg

Would really set off all the other polished goodies you have. ?

Vitavon hubs with m2c hexes.

View attachment 120640
Looking 👌
I did notice an essential upgrade if you planned on it already since it's a V4. Hot Racing (yes I know 🙄) servo saver tube with locking collar. I've put mine thru hell for a year now and it's never budged. Or even better would be an Ae or Mugen locking collar that I know fits the V3 tubes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back