Mojave mojave exb 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOB

Reaction score
anyone running a 1250kv motor in a mojave exb with a mmx8s esc on 8s? if so how does the mojave perform?

Hey @Cypher!
Thanks for giving my build thread a little bump.
I actually changed over to the Castle 1717 1260kv. The 1717 1650kv was running hot when I ran it with the reckless abandon that I built it for. Probably not danger zone hot if I let it cool for a sec intermittently, but I built this thing with intentions to run it into LVC without having to worry about temps.
The 1260kv does run way cooler. On my first couple shakedowns with it, I ran it untill it didn't get any hotter and it was mild to the touch on the back of the can. Now I have full confidence to rip it till the tires fall off. Granted, I don't run the power knob all the way up, but I can't find enough room in the city to really stretch its legs.
My philosophy with the build was to volt up to reduce amp draw and increase run time, as well as reduce temps. I must say I'm suprised how long a pair of batteries last with this set up, with all the speed and torque I'll ever need, and more on tap.

@JBOB
I think the 1260kv is perfect for 8s in the mojave. I do have an XLX2 for an esc, but I don't imagine an MMX8s with a 1250kv would be much different. All the weight, especially with two 9000 4s batteries, is really fun to play around with. It really lets the car show what it's good at, and it looks really good doing it.

Hey @Cypher!
Thanks for giving my build thread a little bump.
I actually changed over to the Castle 1717 1260kv. The 1717 1650kv was running hot when I ran it with the reckless abandon that I built it for. Probably not danger zone hot if I let it cool for a sec intermittently, but I built this thing with intentions to run it into LVC without having to worry about temps.
The 1260kv does run way cooler. On my first couple shakedowns with it, I ran it untill it didn't get any hotter and it was mild to the touch on the back of the can. Now I have full confidence to rip it till the tires fall off. Granted, I don't run the power knob all the way up, but I can't find enough room in the city to really stretch its legs.
My philosophy with the build was to volt up to reduce amp draw and increase run time, as well as reduce temps. I must say I'm suprised how long a pair of batteries last with this set up, with all the speed and torque I'll ever need, and more on tap.

@JBOB
I think the 1260kv is perfect for 8s in the mojave. I do have an XLX2 for an esc, but I don't imagine an MMX8s with a 1250kv would be much different. All the weight, especially with two 9000 4s batteries, is really fun to play around with. It really lets the car show what it's good at, and it looks really good doing it.
How on earth did you fit two 9ah 4S batteries?

One on top of the other I guess, hah.
I used a second battery tray upside down and slipped the velcro straps under and around all 4 sides. It's surprisingly secure, I can easily pick the car up from the batteries with no play or wiggle in the assembly.
My build thread post 28 shows how I cut a little side guard to let them sit flat.

One on top of the other I guess, hah.
I used a second battery tray upside down and slipped the velcro straps under and around all 4 sides. It's surprisingly secure, I can easily pick the car up from the batteries with no play or wiggle in the assembly.
My build thread post 28 shows how I cut a little side guard to let them sit flat.
Just curious, you sober when you selected your screen name? I googled it and had some good laughs. 😆

@Johnny b
Haha yeah I believe I was sober, though not 100% sure. It was just one of those things that was funny back then and just kinda ran with it since. Been using it a long time on other various platforms.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back