Mojave Mojave EXB Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemEng

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
there are many like it, but this one is mine.

This one has been on my list for a while, but life got in the way and I missed the boat when they discontinued the EXB.

Thanks to @Senton_Prime I found a NIB Mojave EXB in a hobby shop about an hour away. Just got it home and I am PUMPED.

Plan is to put a HD FPV camera in the cockpit so I can drive it like I’m in it.

Ordered the rest of the build see below (with tax and shipping):

- Mojave EXB - $535
- M2C hexes - $51
- Scorched fenders and arm guards - $72
- receiver for NB4 - $34
- castle mmx8s 1717 1650kv combo - $391
- AGFRC 55KG servo - $130
- FS-CVT01 Voltage Sensor - $7
- FS-CTM01 Temp Sensor - $7
- Two SMC racing 6s 7600 mah packs - $283

So total build is a cool $1,405… definitely not as economical as a RTR.

I already have a radio and and FPV camera/goggles etc…

Will add to this thread next weekend when everything arrives (except for the scortched stuff, that’ll be another couple weeks).
860B08A4-3A46-4489-B6FA-9EC8BFBA60C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Plan is to put a HD FPV camera in the cockpit so I can drive it like I’m in it.
already have a radio and and FPV camera/goggles etc…
View attachment 283235
Sounds like a totally cool, well thought out build. But you might see too much, man… Don’t be afraid to take the goggles off and view in IRL. Perspective is better.

Sounds like a totally cool, well thought out build. But you might see too much, man… Don’t be afraid to take the goggles off and view in IRL. Perspective is better.
My main hobby is 5” FPV quads. Always wanted to try it on a RC car. I will certainly drive it both ways.

Looking on with interest.

Driving it FPV will be fantastic, I'm setting mine up for fpv also.

All the best with your build!:)

I will post the raw video from the goggles when i get it set up. I have had issues with my quads signal breaking up when flying extremely close to the ground, I'm hoping i can overcome that with some clever antenna placement.

If it works well, i might FPV my infraction too so i can tear around the islands in the local church parking lot like im driving on a drift circuit. Heck, it would be an interesting way to do crawling if you put the camera on a servo with a head tracker... the possibilities!

Crawling FPV is fun but so much harder from standing in the background and being able to see all the lines. I have 2 steps leading to my back door at home and i have tried many times to climb them whilst looking through my goggles but can never quite get it for it's a very steep last step.

Are you using 5.8ghz?
Yep antenna and vtx placement will be important, i wonder if having the vtx with a heat sink directly under the roof with the antenna pointing out the rear would be a good location?

Are you running a ground station or just a receiver in the goggles?

i have a pair of the DJI FPV goggles (original version) and a spare air unit that i was planning on using. The air unit will require a fan unless i can mount it where the motor fans will give it some breeze.

I also have analog goggles (Fatshark HDO with Rapidfire module) and some transmitters and cameras i can use but i want the HD :cool:

They are all 5.8 ghz.

Run the s652 on 8V before switching to the 35kg, you may be disappointed in the speed of the DS. Looks like you’re pretty stout everywhere else!

Run the s652 on 8V before switching to the 35kg, you may be disappointed in the speed of the DS. Looks like you’re pretty stout everywhere else!

I don’t have a s652, but don’t those max out on 7.4v?

I have DS3235 in some of my other cars and they seem fine. My strategy is to start with that and upgrade to a promodeler DS630 or something similar if the cheap one doesn’t work.

Yep, been running one of mine for a year on 8.4V with the Firma 160, it’s an absolute unit! Others don’t have good luck, must have been made on a Wednesday

Looking forward to seeing what the top speed will be with that MMX8S 1717/1650kv combo.:devilish:
I run that power plant currently in my kraton and infraction and it’s solid, I rarely get it up to full speed, just not enough room anywhere, yet with the sensored motor I can drive it at crawling speed.

I thought about going with the HW combo for the Mojave but castle has treated me so well with warranty work and phone support it wasn’t worth the $130 or so in savings to give that up.

I have the MMX8s with the 2028 800kv in my XMAXX and that thing is an absolute unit. It’s about the size of a soda can and has a terrifying amount of power.

Raise your hand if you have bought stuff on Bangood or Aliexpress to save $5, only to get tired of waiting for it to arrive so you ALSO buy it on amazon anyway to have it in time for the weekend?
Very guilty of that when i was always flying fpv and HAD to have it by the weekend.
I still fly now but mostly fixed wing, the freestyle quads i hardly fly anymore.

Amazon shipping is so fast here.:geek:

First problem is my motor cooling solution doesn’t fit.

The motor space is narrower than it looks like it should be for the width of the truck.

Back to tinkercad I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back