Mojave Mojave EXB Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered those Ti screws from @RedondoBeachRC on Thursday at ~ 6pm and they were installed in my car today (Saturday) before lunch. That’s about 42 hours delivery from the time I pushed “buy” to when I realized it was in my mailbox.

Super awesome service, super fast shipping and beautiful screws, I highly recommend!

I try to be as quick as I can.. I’m also that guy who keeps checking the shipping status lol

So I wanna get everyone’s order out quick

Took it out for its first shakedown run today worked great until it started making a weird noise. Took it in and mesh was super tight. The pinion was too hot to touch.

Took it home and found both motor plate screws had backed out. One completely which had been chewed up by the pinion, the other about 90% of the way.

The motor was just wiggling around, I am astounded that this didn’t cause more damage than it did. Only casualty was one motor plate screw. The rest was just cosmetic.

Apparently I didn’t put any thread lock on the screws and the speed of which they backed out leads me to believe I didn’t even tighten them at all. Bonehead move. I’m going to blame it on one of my 4 kids constantly distracting me.

B5EDAE85-C847-49C2-B593-9270DC304838.jpeg
4C7BF034-4099-456D-A50C-6B620FC7CD46.jpeg

CB0924F8-E1B0-4DE2-AEF3-49040EAF1629.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back