Mojave Mojave EXB Conversion to Kraton or Talion type car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adding to the parts list would be a front bumper...

To make shopping for this easier I would check with a parts breaker like Jenny's RC for good groupings of parts and to make it more affordable. Look at the parts lists on the Arrma website because things like the V5 arms and hubs are probably shared with the other trucks so you could get the parts on Jenny's RC from different models like the notorious/outcast. (and it might be cheaper too) It's also a good time to upgrade some things if you wanted to... (Most of us don't need much of an excuse.)

Another thing to consider is gearing, depending on what tires you go with. If they are taller than the one's you have now, at the very least closely monitor the motor/esc temps closely for the first runs or go with an appropriately smaller pinion.

If big jumps are a thing that you want to do, a narrower body like RCProponet suggested will help in catching less air than the a cut up Mojave body. (I have one of his Kraton XL builds that I really enjoy.) The larger tires will help with air control so that will be a big improvement but the parachute effect won't be fun. Monster Mojave's are a thing to so maybe you won't have to cut the body up as much as you think.

Not to muddy the shock piston/oil discussion but note that you normally get the extra shock pistons in the packaging that came with your Mojave so you might already have some to use if you want to play with tuning them after you get it running you have the parts, just need some oil. The springs on the Kraton are heavier so you should consider changing them. The idea of a SCT is the leaning is cool and scale like. With the longer Kraton arms to have more leverage and the different drive characteristics wanted, a spring change would be good.

Good Luck with your build!
Hurricane
So I was just cross referencing on Arrma rc. Mind you I was comparing 6s blx models, but mojave has stiffer front and softer rear springs.. probably a moot point as I'm quite sure the mojave uses shorter shocks..
Also, I'm curious how the mojave chassis holds up to hard bashing? Kraton chassis is known to bend. Wonder if mojave would be worse since it's longer?
IMO, the chassis is where Arrma missed the target..too thin. 6s BLX models should be 4mm, EXB should be 5mm thick. Both using 3mm currently is pretty much a joke.
Sorry, I forgot to mention I was comparing 6s BLX mojave to kraton springs. Didn't look at talion although I believe it has stiffer than either of the others mentioned.

Last edited:
I am going the other route with my build...

20211211_154247.jpg

20211211_155334.jpg

RcDude81 did a stretched talion recently and he or someone else mentioned the mojave exb chassis tabs still line up with the kraton exb arm droop screws. I know the v4's and older the kraton droop screws would sit too far out from the tabs on a mojave chassis. Something to keep in mind if you do the swap. Also with the changed geometry I'm curious about a v4 tower and exb arm if the shocks changed length v4 to 5/exb or what kind of angle it would be at coming back to the tower.

My Mojave. With 4s backflips is the ticket. I also have a Kraton EXB and the Mojave is so much more fun to drive. Stock Mojave chassis (long wheel base) stock Mojave arms/shocks/towers. There is a bit of a clearance issue with the bigger wheels. I played with different hub extenders and landed on the stock fronts with I wanna say +2mm rear. This thing is stable AF at any speed. (Futaba radio with none of that fancy gyro assisted stuff. It can blast through rougher terrain than the Kraton at higher speeds. I can launch this thing higher and further than I can the Kraton and still do backflips and front flips when I want. But just like 1 or maybe 2 flips. Not like my buddies Kraton that does 6 backflips off the ground.

20220104_073243.jpg

20220104_073234.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back