Mojave exb gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulcandb

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
Hello, I just got a mojave exb and will be running the hobbywing max6 combo with the 1650kv motor. I want to run this primarily on 8s I was curious if anyone had recommendations on pinion size for this set up? I live in San Diego so ambient Temps are normally around 75-85 degrees.

Hello, I just got a mojave exb and will be running the hobbywing max6 combo with the 1650kv motor. I want to run this primarily on 8s I was curious if anyone had recommendations on pinion size for this set up? I live in San Diego so ambient Temps are normally around 75-85 degrees.
I think 8s is a little excessive so I have no idea with that.

I run a 1650kv Castle 1717 on my Talion with the backflip 6s tires on 6s and today I ran 23t/44t and it was deranged madness.

Couldn't imagine more speed or acceleration.

My temps are cool as a cucumber as always. Had single kickass fan.

Think it pulls almost 5hp? It's 4 something for sure

The esc can handle 8s, but the motor is 6s rated. KV wise 8s can (just) be done though with 1650kv.
Pushing the limits is fun, but honestly I never felt the 6s was underpowered. Full throttle still will do a wheelie and with a higher gearing you can't reach top speed if you have an offroad setup. I made my own front windshield to improve airflow a bit.
I've seen Youtuve vids of the Mojave on 8s and didn't see an improvement. But if you decide to run 8s let us know your thoughts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back