Mojave Mojave exb max6/1650 tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast EXB
Hello all,
I am currently running my Mojave exb with a hobbywing max6/1650kv with 20t or 22t pinion on 6s. I know there is a learning curve with this truck... So far I have installed the scorched rc inner fenders. I have also replaced the stock shock oil with 50w(650cst) and adjusted the pre-load(still have stock springs). This rig is so incredibly fast. In grass under acceleration the nose comes up and then starts to weelie. If I hold throttle it will sometimes gomfrom weelie to backflip. I domt hit massive jumps, but I do send it flying ocasionally. Any tips on how to keep this thing planted will be appreciated. Im not sure if I need to change springs or diff fluid or... help me please!

You can’t!!! LOL!!

I have the same set up. It’s just too fast to hold full throttle.

so much fun though

Last edited:
You can’t!!! LOL!!

inhabe the same set up. It’s just too fast to hold full throttle.

so much fun though
I had a 22t pinion in there and i thought "a 20t pinion and thicker shock oil should tame it a bit". It feels crazier now than it did before...

I put all the just bash it upgrades i could on to weigh it down hahahahaa. and vitavon wheels. i'm running 24/46 and it's not flying so far hahaha

A smaller pinion is more torque, that’s way you say it feels even crazier😄.
SCT body style is just more prone to parachuting.
You could try to minimize airflow getting under the body by lowering the body posts, lowering springs (you already did that I see), putting some gorilla tape between the two front Scorced Fenders (I did that). Some even cut out the rear window of the body and/or make a lexan front window.
Your battery tray is also adjustable; I have mine towards the front of the Mojave so more weight is towards the front. It was the only option to run 9500mah though😄
What weight center diff oil are you running? Heavier oil means more power to the rear wheels, which try to lift the front side up.

Same setup, like said above.... there is NO taming this beast... she’s just an animal. I absolutely love mine... I have the scorched fenders but didn’t want to install them cause I was concerned with heat issues.. I take mine off of jumps and have even landed a few backflips... I have 80wt in mine and I like it... some will say it won’t soak up bumps as well.... I disagree it’s perfect 👌🏻 Foam in the body posts... and they’ll probably still break 🤑🙃

I really like the Scorched fenders. They are an absolute pain in the butt to install, but they keep stuff out and it does help with the parachuting. I haven't had any heat issues, even with the 22t pinion. I can see this beast doing backflips. Sometimes if I run if off of a ledge it goes strait to vertical if I don't let off the trigger in time.

Same setup, like said above.... there is NO taming this beast... she’s just an animal. I absolutely love mine... I have the scorched fenders but didn’t want to install them cause I was concerned with heat issues.. I take mine off of jumps and have even landed a few backflips... I have 80wt in mine and I like it... some will say it won’t soak up bumps as well.... I disagree it’s perfect 👌🏻 Foam in the body posts... and they’ll probably still break 🤑🙃
I'm still on my first set of body posts too, but you better believe i just snagged the body posts jennys had just put on for backups hahahaha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back