Mojave Mojave EXB Max6 combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cypher

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Granite Mega
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Vendetta
Today I started the build of my Mojave EXB. Will try to post after the days I have done something, with fotos.

IMG20221229162331.jpg

-Max6 ESC
-HW 4985 motor
-Power HD 30kg servo
-Spectrum Rx (I was hoping to use my TX I have for the Granite. Prob won't run both at the same time.)
-18T pinion(hope it will run cool w/o fans)

IMG_20221223_183143.jpg

Opened the center diff and topped it off, was not much it needed.

IMG20221229211156.jpg

Got the motor mounted.

IMG20221229213824.jpg

And the servo. Had to use both shims so it wouldn't touch the chassis.

IMG20221229222932.jpg

Waiting for scorched rc fenders, and will open front/rear diff and check oil level.

I have promised myself not to run it before everything is checked, and installed.(fenders) And I guess even then, I'll use 3s and 50% throttle on remote, afraid to scratch it 😅 first scratch->just send it 🤣

Today I started the build of my Mojave EXB. Will try to post after the days I have done something, with fotos.

View attachment 265803

-Max6 ESC
-HW 4985 motor
-Power HD 30kg servo
-Spectrum Rx (I was hoping to use my TX I have for the Granite. Prob won't run both at the same time.)
-18T pinion(hope it will run cool w/o fans)

View attachment 265801

Opened the center diff and topped it off, was not much it needed.

View attachment 265802

Got the motor mounted.

View attachment 265804

And the servo. Had to use both shims so it wouldn't touch the chassis.

View attachment 265805

Waiting for scorched rc fenders, and will open front/rear diff and check oil level.

I have promised myself not to run it before everything is checked, and installed.(fenders) And I guess even then, I'll use 3s and 50% throttle on remote, afraid to scratch it 😅 first scratch->just send it 🤣
She sure is pretty 😍! I remember when mine looked that way . Wasn’t long ago either. They get beat up pretty quick. Not broke just in looks. Really tough trucks. Flies like a cinder block but it takes it really well. It’s way more fun now that I’ve stopped trying to protect how good it looks. When it goes to flipping I just hold the throttle about a 1/3 down and she’ll come up throwing dirt. Then you can just hose it off.

image.jpg

She sure is pretty 😍! I remember when mine looked that way . Wasn’t long ago either. They get beat up pretty quick. Not broke just in looks. Really tough trucks. Flies like a cinder block but it takes it really well. It’s way more fun now that I’ve stopped trying to protect how good it looks. When it goes to flipping I just hold the throttle about a 1/3 down and she’ll come up throwing dirt. Then you can just hose it off.

View attachment 265823

How is the fenders? They work well? Worth waiting for? 😅 It's 4°C and rain here, so I won't take any cars out anyway 🤭 too much work afterwards. Don't have time for that now.

How is the fenders? They work well? Worth waiting for? 😅 It's 4°C and rain here, so I won't take any cars out anyway 🤭 too much work afterwards. Don't have time for that now.
Yes wait for the fenders! If you run the Mojave without them and it is or has been wet, you’ll have a big pile of grass and sand inside the car. The fenders work really well and keep out most of the dirt.
EDIT:
You may consider putting some tape on the front fenders keep prevent dirt coming in if you nose dive into sand (or snow in Norway😉).
image.jpg

Yes wait for the fenders! If you run the Mojave without them and it is or has been wet, you’ll have a big pile of grass and sand inside the car. The fenders work really well and keep out most of the dirt.
EDIT:
You may consider putting some tape on the front fenders keep prevent dirt coming in if you nose dive into sand (or snow in Norway😉).
View attachment 265939
Ah, ok. Thanks. Not much snow here, live in the south of Norway. Was a little 2 weeks before xmas. Now it's just rain until mid May Zi guess, and maybe 15-20mins of summer in July(20°C+) 🙄 you have to watch out tho, if you are in the toilet for example, you might miss the summer here. Then it's fall again. And more rain...

The fenders are great and yes they are worth the wait. Without them the shell acts like a hay bailer in grass and mud and dirt. I couldn’t wait myself. When I ordered mine it only took maybe 10 business days. That’s an eternity in RC waiting! Good luck! She’ll clean up either way! LOL 😆

Today I got the connectors solders on, and found a bracket for the ESC on thingiverse, that I printed. Fit pretty good, and the wires for the motor was not tight. Hopefully get some time tomorrow evening to check the diffs front and rear.
IMG20221231082129.jpg

So, for the first time taking apart front diff of the Mojave, it took me 2 hours, from start to finished. Only picture I took during the session is this:
IMG20230101214048.jpg

This is after I filled a little 30k oil to top it off. Was not much this one needed either. I have read that many have only 1/4 to 1/2 full diffs from factory, but mine seems to be more like 3/4.
Maybe I find time tomorrow to take apart the rear, and check that one aswell.

I see my fenders are probably arriving this week, or maybe start of next week 😁 keep you posted.

Now I've done all diffs, and I thought that it would be "smart" to cover chassis with a polycarbonate sheet. Is this a stupid idea? Please tell me if it is...(I have cut hole around center diff)
Hopefully the chassis will look good longer.
IMG20230103213043.jpg
IMG20230103181158.jpg

Edit:
I know getting to all the bolts underneath will take some more time, but hopefully I won't need wrenching that much 😇🤭🤣

Last edited:
It's now been 16 days since I got the Mojave, and I'm ready to drive this thing. The problem is the Mojave isn't. Or, I guess it works now, and it could be run but. I'm still waiting on the fenders. And with the weather here.....I'll need them.
IMG_20230108_111449.jpg

I thought UK was pretty close to Norway 🤷 maybe this week.

Ok..... Now the fenders have arrived to my country at least, so now it won't be long until I can finish this build and have a test drive 😁 it has been torture, just watching it sitting there, and promised myself it will be worth the waiting.... Now I can almost wait for anything I guess 😅 had it for soon a month... I take my frustrations out on the granite tho 🤭

Had the first run today, and within 15min I had lost 2 of the 8 hex nuts.. I forgot threadlock on them🤦 guess I'll make new tomorrow 😅
IMG20230119224914.jpg

Now the car is drying in the bathroom. (Snow outside today 😁👍)

Tried to make my own, but I guess the nuts are not the same. 😅 I can fit 2 nots on it at least.
If the hex is a bit bigger than the stock one so the inner part of the plastic wheel hex doesn't rub the hub carriers and the wheel nuts are serrated so they grip in the wheel and each other, it should work would say.

If the hex is a bit bigger than the stock one so the inner part of the plastic wheel hex doesn't rub the hub carriers and the wheel nuts are serrated so they grip in the wheel and each other, it should work would say.
Hmm... Yes, this was the case...🤔 The inner hexnut was in place on all 4 wheels, but two of the outer fell off. I'm guessing I didn't tighten them enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back