Mojave Mojave EXB pinion choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you set up temp warning? I've been messing around with that on 3 different CC esc's. Only one of them showed motor temp.
I believe it's in the motor section of the esc settings, you have to be running full sensored :unsure:

Yeah, motor temps is usually a data feedback with Sensored motors in the Sensored mode setting. There is a Thermister built into the Sensored Motor's PCB.

Sweet.
Keep an eye on temps if you still plan on running it without fans.
In case you have not done it, I would activate the motor temp warning @180f/82c and run it sensored. It's a nice backup to have. That feature should have been activated by default IMO.
Except that i have three different sensored castle systems, but on 2 of them the temp warnings and displays refuse to work. I haven't been able to figure out why.
Also, the sensor cables are delicate and can't handle bashes and crashes.
I run all three of them sensorless now. They have very smooth startup anyway.
I added two 40x40 rocket fans on the motor.

I run a 22T on my hobbywing 1650 combo 🤷🏻‍♂️ The thing RIPS!

22T with stock centre diff and 1717 would be quick!

I use a 16t and set torque limit to maybe half on ESC (mmx8s / 1717) and is PERFECT for my use. top speed is maybe 40mph? but I drive mostly "short course" (tight track / sharp turns), trail walking & chase toy for dog in yard (tug of war)

I find that gives me best run times and even in summer heat is not even remotely an issue even when short course lapping they kick on about half way through run....

I think with 22t and no motor fans I would be checking motor temp often to get an intuition for what kind of running generates what kind of motor heat.

While the ESC can monitor temp if sensor wire installed i'd be shy to rely on it but maybe it works well.

I have mine set to second lowest temp for cut off and never had it beep motor over temp.

Not sure which TX you're using but the mmx8s has an Aux input that you can set to adjust a host of useful things (mine is set for torque adjustment) like brakes, power, torque ect. I dislike the power drop as battery is drained, so I set my torque at like 30-50% and as batt / power starting to feel "soft" I bump up torque and it works a treat! (prob saves drivetrain some as well)

The motor fans have a thermistor that kicks on around 40c, and I really like it! is quite for trail running, and when am running it on SC track I just park it when fans kick on and takes just a couple min to shut off again. that way not bashing around while fans running.

Neat thing with thermistor is it just a resistor, so at the kick on temp the fans run slow...but as thermistor heats up it has less resistance and fans really start burrring away...kinda neat imo.
I believe it's in the motor section of the esc settings, you have to be running full sensored :unsure:
I don't think you need to be running sensored (and especially not full sensored with castle lol)

I think just need to have the cable connected.

Last edited:
Except that i have three different sensored castle systems, but on 2 of them the temp warnings and displays refuse to work. I haven't been able to figure out why.
Also, the sensor cables are delicate and can't handle bashes and crashes.
I run all three of them sensorless now. They have very smooth startup anyway.
I added two 40x40 rocket fans on the motor.
I haven't had any problems running sensored in my bashers after I learned how to zip tie my cables. I used to break fan wires all the time too. 🤣

I haven't had any problems running sensored in my bashers after I learned how to zip tie my cables. I used to break fan wires all the time too. 🤣
Yep, cable management is definitely overlooked by many. I see alot of folks with cables and wires running wild an unrestrained..no bueno. Gets expensive quickly. Zip tie the world!!🤘😎🍻

Cable OCD :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Outcast and Mojave EXBB's
I can't stand messy cabling.....

IMG_9855.jpeg
IMG_1451.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back