Mojave EXB Rear Shock Mount Pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T€ddyt€d

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 3s
Hey All, tried searching and can't find any info, so I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere. But I'm having an issue with both rear shock mount pins. After taking the rear end apart a few times the button screw will not lock down into place. Basically stripped, I know. But they do still hold. One of my pins is sliding back, but doesn't fall out. I obviously want to secure it into place.

I'm looking for a solution that someone else may have before I go mucking things up. Should I try an larger diameter screw? Plastic lock tite?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Part number is AR330231 for the pin.

Hey All, tried searching and can't find any info, so I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere. But I'm having an issue with both rear shock mount pins. After taking the rear end apart a few times the button screw will not lock down into place. Basically stripped, I know. But they do still hold. One of my pins is sliding back, but doesn't fall out. I obviously want to secure it into place.

I'm looking for a solution that someone else may have before I go mucking things up. Should I try an larger diameter screw? Plastic lock tite?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Part number is AR330231 for the pin.
Do you have the BLX or EXB Mojave? Part number you posited is the BLX shock mount pins, the EXB pins are ARA713032. I do know they are different sizes and not interchangeable. The hole being stripped out doesn't affect anything.

1645465552899.png

1645465618069.png

I have the EXB and per the exploded view above that's the part number. But I was mainly using it as a reference to where I am looking. I still have the pin. It's the screw that's not seating tight enough to keep it from backing out at all.

I use some from Klinik but I'm not sure if they make them in M4 size.
But other sizes are available out in the non-rc world.
Good luck. Hope you fix the issue.(y)

How stripped can that Pin lock down screw be????????
Even if stripped, (obviously from user error or even bad factory assy.) It should not fall out. There is little to no stress with these screws at all.
Just Replace the Arm if it really matters to you.
Or just place some ShooGoo on the Screw, and keep bashing. This will also be fine and Removable.
No biggy here.
You have 2 options above. Your call.
Be very easy with those screws. They don't need to be torqued AT ALL, unlike all the other screws
They just need to bottom out and stop screwing, when into the lower Shock pin's recess.
M4 will not work! It is too wide. The recess in the lower shock pin needs an M3 to fit into the pin's recess.
Don't over think this too much.;)

Do you have the BLX or EXB Mojave? Part number you posited is the BLX shock mount pins, the EXB pins are ARA713032. I do know they are different sizes and not interchangeable. The hole being stripped out doesn't affect anything.
+1
also doesn't matter whether EXB arms/pins or not. Both use M3 screws to retain them.

View attachment 201698

View attachment 201699
I have the EXB and per the exploded view above that's the part number. But I was mainly using it as a reference to where I am looking. I still have the pin. It's the screw that's not seating tight enough to keep it from backing out at all.

Can you post a picture of what is going on?
+1
also doesn't matter whether EXB arms/pins or not. Both use M3 screws to retain them.
I just noticed that the EXB and BLX Mojave use the same pins so that is moot at this point.

That's because v5 and EXB rollers all use the same arms. People refer to the new arms as EXB arms. Having longer pins on the Noto and Kraton. They are all just V5 arms. Mojave pins are old style shorter Pre-V5 arms pins. Longer Shock pins are Chrome in color. The rest are Black oxide color. All pins use the same M3 screws. So yes a moot point for this threads topic.
I think everyone is over thinking the OP's issue here. Including the OP.
Not really much of any issue IMHO.:unsure:
Shoogoo the M3 set screw in place or just replace the arm. Whichever floats your boat.
Been there. Many new 6s rigs of mine "out the box" have come with stripped M3's at the Shock pins. Never lost any pins or screws however.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back