Mojave Mojave EXB Speed Run Build Sheet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At some point I’m going to have to address the massive downforce of the dual wings. Maybe this is a case for the dual motor setups where more power might be really needed. I still have a lot of work to do before I max out this 2028 can, then I have a TP 5680 ready to go to see if I can get beyond the 2028 PB, then who knows. I would love to get to the 50’s. I am pretty sure it’s a reality. Just a matter of time and effort.
you can do it cheering GIF

I never opened the bag that comes with it. Wonder if a 23T is in there?

Also need to start planning a windshield. The open cab idea doesn’t seem like a good idea for speed. Some flat clear lexan should work. Just not entirely sure how I will mount it. Might just glue it best I can. Maybe some double sided clear tape? Not sure yet.
WOW 130+ with the cab open.

Makes me want to buy another mojave to build for speed. I havnet even finish building my first movaje exb.

Makes me want to buy another mojave to build for speed. I havnet even finish building my first movaje exb.
I highly recommend doing it. It is by far the most fun I’ve had in RC.

This would be a good idea if the roll cage was outside the lexan body. However the Mojave will need the windshield outside the front surface. I think I can tack the corners with hot glue to get it set in place, then maybe some Gorilla clear glue to seal it up along all edges.

Also, I removed the cockpit. I don’t see a practical use for it, other than keeping dirt out. Since this is a speed run car, dirt should be less of an issue. Mine still find their ways into fields, but I digress.
If you took it out with out putting some thing in there it would a lot! of air to the esc/motor.
I have the windows closed off now. Just used some flat Lexan and zip tied it in place.
o

Last edited:
If you took it out with out putting some thing in there it would a lot! of air to the esc/motor.

o
Yep I will do so if I end up with heat issues. So far the XLX2 and 2028 run cool AF. Usually around 100F. As I get up higher in speed, this will change.

I have the windows closed off now. Just used some flat Lexan and zip tied it in place.
I am already thinking of how we could design and 3d print a smooth tunnel for air to pass through the cab of the car out the back "window".

I am already thinking of how we could design and 3d print a smooth tunnel for air to pass through the cab of the car out the back "window".
What generally would be the best shape for this @LibertyMKiii?

From a simple pov, so round/oval, and increasing or decreasing hole? “funnelled“ either way or parallel?

Small kicker lip at the rear for additional downforce over the rear wheels rather than behind?

Just thinking out loud 🤔

@jondilly1974 whart is or was the floor material and thickness please? And did you re-make the same? Post crash? Or improved so thing?

Thanks for a great build thread, I'd wanted to mount similar front spoiler for my kraton build, having seen a big rock brick with one, but my secondary build is going to be mojave based I think and seeing yours I love the body too now which isn't what I had initially thought,

Can you note your current config please
Mojave chassis
Limitless suspension plates? Or stuck with the BQ Mojave ones??
Which arms??

Thanks and congrats on a sweet build for sure

From a simple pov, so round/oval, and increasing or decreasing hole? “funnelled“ either way or parallel?

Small kicker lip at the rear for additional downforce over the rear wheels rather than behind?

Just thinking out loud 🤔

@jondilly1974 whart is or was the floor material and thickness please? And did you re-make the same? Post crash? Or improved so thing?

Thanks for a great build thread, I'd wanted to mount similar front spoiler for my kraton build, having seen a big rock brick with one, but my secondary build is going to be mojave based I think and seeing yours I love the body too now which isn't what I had initially thought,

Mojave chassis
Which arms??

Think about commercial flight airplanes. You want smooth rounded shapes....
(sharp lines and pointed fronts are for speeds above the speed of sound)

Think about commercial flight airplanes. You want smooth rounded shapes....
(sharp lines and pointed fronts are for speeds above the speed of sound)
Sure, but parallel through the cabin as far as possible or is there an aero reason for funnelling slightly? One way or the other?

Just thinking out loud 🤔

Mojave chassis
Which arms??

I used a 12x24 1/8” ABS sheet of plastic from Amazon. I made a second one and cracked that one too, but it’s still usable.

Still Mojave chassis and BQ Mojave towers and stock MEXB arms. I also have a set of Senton 6S arms and CVDs to narrow it’s stance and try to tuck the tires more. I think it looks cooler wide, but it should perform better being tucked.

Sure, but parallel through the cabin as far as possible or is there an aero reason for funnelling slightly? One way or the other?
If the opening is large and then slightly restricts as it goes through it would increase the airflow speed, but there is more to it than that.... you would have to analyze the air exiting and what occurs there too. It gets rather complex. I would probably just leave it straight through to keep things simple.

If the opening is large and then slightly restricts as it goes through it would increase the airflow speed, but there is more to it than that.... you would have to analyze the air exiting and what occurs there too. It gets rather complex. I would probably just leave it straight through to keep things simple.
Thanks for adding that, that was exactly my point, I just wondered if you knew the basics of likely effect +/- but I'm sure my abilities would run out far before being able to finess an appropriate change 😉thanks for feedback.

I used a 12x24 1/8” ABS sheet of plastic from Amazon. I made a second one and cracked that one too, but it’s still usable.

Still Mojave chassis and BQ Mojave towers and stock MEXB arms. I also have a set of Senton 6S arms and CVDs to narrow it’s stance and try to tuck the tires more. I think it looks cooler wide, but it should perform better being tucked.
Thanks for the confirmation 👍

I too love the stance, but fear you are right re tucked for this application..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back