Mojave Mojave EXB Speed Run Build Sheet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my son has a mini parachute that goes to one of his toys you could put on your batts to help you out during ejection🤷‍♂️
GIF by Identity

Oh and I added two more lipo straps. Hopefully the lipo eject button is held in check this time 🤣🤣
How about some dual lock under the batts as well as the straps. 🤷‍♂️

How about some dual lock under the batts as well as the straps. 🤷‍♂️
Yep that’s probably very sound advice. I have some lipo wrap coming so I can put another layer of wrap around the packs. You know, pretty much for nothing because they never go ANYWHERE 🤷🏻‍♂️🤫🤫🤣🤣🤣

Looks great!
Are you going to trim down the foam at all? Would be an expensive loss if they chunk, although I have seen James running on some sketchy foams at 170+ speeds without issues.
I have two sets, so the first set is getting sent. If that doesn’t work well, I will buy a tire lathe and turn them down some. These are some thicc bois

@jondilly1974 OMG, just buy a Felony already, and get that poor Mojave in the dirt! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Those tires do look pretty freakin' cool on there, put a little wax on 'em and you could use it to buff your car!

@jondilly1974 OMG, just buy a Felony already, and get that poor Mojave in the dirt! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Those tires do look pretty freakin' cool on there, put a little wax on 'em and you could use it to buff your car!
That’s not the point sir. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Definitely "going bananas". Look super sweet JD. Hope they hold up and help you get those numbers you deserve.
Thanks brother. I geared down 5 teeth since my last pull to get used to the foams before I push them too far. Hope they hold up as my only other option is going back to 1:8 wheels. I just love the look of the 1:5 wheels on this B

Hmm well I think I have been overgeared on this setup for a while now. I swapped the spur and pinion today in hopes of making a pass tomorrow morning. Found the old spool was loose… again. Going to try out the new Joe Diaz spool this time with 34p/39s and see what happens. By the two calculators (which differ a lot) I should still be in the hunt for a PB. I was running 39p/34s for the PB 131mph passes.

E2060C47-2AAF-4375-B1D5-C96DA7BB557B.png
39E09D6B-9537-42FE-BFE7-BAA52F5546BB.png

I had seen your recent video posted where you had geared up but the car went slower. That is interesting indeed!
With only 32X amps pulled it seems that more gearing would be the next move.

Air temps make a big impact on air density.
From what I can tell humidity does not play much of a difference in the air density until you reach temps that we hopefully never see on earth ;)

1632226388597.png

I’ve found that the calculators aren’t very accurate for this setup, probably due to the poor aerodynamics of this huge thing. But I was really surprised not to see higher amp loads indicating this. I have a nice range of gears on the way and will be able to make infinite selections soon. I will have every gear from 29T to 39T and will be able to swap spool and motor gears accordingly.

I’ve found that the calculators aren’t very accurate for this setup, probably due to the poor aerodynamics of this huge thing. But I was really surprised not to see higher amp loads indicating this. I have a nice range of gears on the way and will be able to make infinite selections soon. I will have every gear from 29T to 39T and will be able to swap spool and motor gears accordingly.
Anxious to see the results. I agree the aerodynamics will be a large limiting factor for this rig, but still would expect you can go much faster given what people have done with Infractions (shaped like a brick)

Anxious to see the results. I agree the aerodynamics will be a large limiting factor for this rig, but still would expect you can go much faster given what people have done with Infractions (shaped like a brick)
At some point I’m going to have to address the massive downforce of the dual wings. Maybe this is a case for the dual motor setups where more power might be really needed. I still have a lot of work to do before I max out this 2028 can, then I have a TP 5680 ready to go to see if I can get beyond the 2028 PB, then who knows. I would love to get to the 50’s. I am pretty sure it’s a reality. Just a matter of time and effort.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back