Mojave Mojave EXB V1 vs. V2 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easterguard

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi… I’m new to the Mojave, and was wondering if I have to de assemble the rear diff. of my EXB… to be sure it has the limited slip differential (V2) ? or how can I be sure to know without looking ?
I saw a video with Chris from the RC Network, taking a look at it to be sure.
Thanks a lot in advance 🙏🏻

5727F140-BB79-4B99-B1A9-30895005B1CA.png

Thanks for your reply, but how do I find out about if it’s a V1 or V2 without taking it apart? The photo is not my Mojave, it’s for YouTube

The EXB diff has those little lines/cutouts in the diff cup, and standard diff does not... a V1 and V2 diff are the same for all intents and purposes, the EXB diff is different altogether... if you have an EXB Mojave, you should have the 29mm lsd style diffs with the lines/cutouts in the diff cup, unless you didn't buy it new and someone swapped them out. You would bare minimum have to remove the diff housing cover to get a peek at the diff cups... hope this helps

Thanks a lot for your great help, that’s very helpful. It has the lines… so should very well be the LSD style.
Would you recommend to change the diff. oil to a higher viscosity than the stock 10k ? while I have access ?

Diff oil is all about driver preference and driving style... 10k is a little light for almost any application except on a track in my opinion, a very popular combo for the 6s line is 30k rear/500k center/60k frt. But again, it all depends on what you like and where/how you drive.

Sorry for my confusion, but will this oil recommendation be for the LSD on the EXB… or the standard BLX diffs ?

Sorry for my confusion, but will this oil recommendation be for the LSD on the EXB… or the standard BLX diffs ?
What I recommend was for standard open diffs, I unfortunately don't have much experience with the exb/lsd diffs... but, I have seen more than 1 person say that they run very well right out of the box with stock oil weights, or close to stock weight... again, it's really driver preference and will require some trial and error on your part to find the best combination for your driving style. It seems overwhelming if you've never done it before, but after a few r&r's of the diffs, it's really not a big deal.. and it's something you have to do anyways, diff maintenance is important on any rc

I stripped the rear diff in my Mojave EXB after 5-6 packs. And I'm pretty sure that one came with minimum effect out if the box, as the round plate was "stuck" to the sun gear when I opened it. I got it back together today, and haven't tried it out yet, but next time it's failing on me, I'm going for open diff. I have 10k as stock says now, but will be going for 30k with the open diff in the future I guess. Really awesome car 👍👍

Thank you all for the great help, I have only run E-revo V1 without center diff. and my 2 UDR’s has stock oil in the diffs. That’s why I’m not very experienced in the diff. set up 😁
Looking forward to some great time with my Mojave 😅

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back