Mojave Mojave EXB vs Kraton EXB vs Talion EXB: Pros and cons for high speed bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I love my Typhon 6s and am planning to add my second Arrma 6s rig soon, maybe real soon with the sale that is going right now although I'm sure other rigs will go on sale soon. Looking for something to bash that is nice and stable at higher speeds offroad.
Wanting something that will do well in a huge field I go to that lots of small rocks/gravel with larger rocks everywhere and the occasional softball sized rocks hidden in a patch of tall grass...😳😱🤣 Ground clearance is a good thing, but my Typhon has just enough clearance with 2.8 MT tires on it so I think all 3 rigs I'm looking at will have enough clearance.

Mojave looks awesome and I love that it comes as a roller. I'm not liking the minimal number of tire options and lack of aftermarket bodies available with such an expensive stock replacement body ($90 unpainted). I like aftermarket options and usually paint way more bodies than I need for each rig just because I enjoy painting them. Still, it looks cool enough and fun enough I could overlook that.

Kraton seems like a really versatile rig for all types of terrain and able to take rough terrain pretty fast. Would be interesting to see what it can do . Can't really think of much as downsides overall, other than the Mojave looks better to me.

Talion looks great, only downside is lack of buying options, can only buy the EXB version as RTR, no more roller. Not sure if I'm willing to pay for a version with stock electronics when there are other options I like just as much. Other than that, I like it and really like the stance on it.

I figure with the current sale on the Mojave EXB roller at $350, its a no brainer. Only thing is the Kraton EXB is likely to go on sale soon too for a similar price so I don't want to buy on price only.

Just looking for input from others who have owned those rigs. What are your thoughts about bashing those in a place like the bash spot I mentioned at the beginning?

I was half a second from pressing "checkout" on the Mojave myself because of the sale but I decided to watch some vids again first and I don't know man, it sure seems unstable to me. Lots of rollovers and crazy tumbles. It was enough to change my mind.

Typhon is gonna be my next Arrma, but since you have one I say get a Kraton. We have two here and they've been a real joy to beat up.

Screenshot_20221005-203605.png

Last edited:
I want to say Talion so bad but it's hard to justify with these sales on other stuff. Even if you sell the stock electronics for 120$

I'd buy the Mojave EXB and convert it to the Fireteam/KratonXL, need arms and whatnot but it's mostly there, can sell the Mojave body to help cover Fireteam body or something else. Long chassis/arms seem to be a winning combo for stability (y)

As mentioned Kraton is best allrounder no contest there.
I sold mine and got a Mojave since I’m not a rocket man and only do offroad in pretty large sandy areas (with some long grass here and there too). Although a Kraton can do offroad I think the Mojave so much more fun and cooler with it’s longer wheelbase and plush suspension. High speed low jumps are no problem.
The Talion is somewhere in between, more build for speed than the Kraton.
Can’t go wrong with either of them, you just need to really think what style of driving you will be doing (all three can do your terrain).
The sale on the Mojave is crazy😉.

Every time people say Kraton the best all arounder I want to slap them with a Talion. I mean I guess I kind of get it on the surface but after owning both trucks It's just hard for me to fully support it lol. Toss some backflip lp's on a talion and it flies better than a kraton and is better on the ground imo. I think the only thing a kraton does better than a Talion is wheelies. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

*Runs

Every time people say Kraton the best all arounder I want to slap them with a Talion. I mean I guess I kind of get it on the surface but after owning both trucks It's just hard for me to fully support it lol. Toss some backflip lp's on a talion and it flies better than a kraton and is better on the ground imo. I think the only thing a kraton does better than a Talion is wheelies. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

*Runs
I’ll take that Talion!😂

*Runs
The kraton and Talion are very similar I’ve owned both also imo there =. 😂

I'd buy the Mojave EXB and convert it to the Fireteam/KratonXL, need arms and whatnot but it's mostly there, can sell the Mojave body to help cover Fireteam body or something else. Long chassis/arms seem to be a winning combo for stability (y)
Thats one of the things I considered. I'm keeping my rc collection to 3-4 rigs due to space and I have 2 already. I've really wanted to see what the Mojave is like first hand, I love lots of fast straight forward offroad high speed bashing. Jumping is low priority for this rig, I'll truggify the Typhon if I start wanting to send something big.
I was leaning more torwards the Kraton and Talion originally, but have seen a lot of very satisfied Mojave owners too. This would be a good way for me to see first hand what its like. If I decide I'm not crazy about the handling, I can always convert it to a Kraton or Talion when I inevitably bend the stock chassis hitting a rock at high speeds, lol. Figured when I upgrade to an M2C or JBI chassis I could make a decision on where to go. Got a few ideas for a Frankenstein style build so having a Mojave would be a solid place to start. Still love the buggy conversion this guy did with his Mojave:

Youtube: Mojave Monster Buggy Conversion

JayTeeRC showed the Fireteam with a body from a Losi 3XL-E that fits the length and wheelbase nice, so that should work for a Mojave so it could be converted to a 1/7 scale monster truck pretty easy too. Planning to do a Max6/4985 motor combo, so should be plenty of power to support whatever route I go.

Could also end up loving it as a Mojave and leave it as is.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back