Mojave Mojave EXB with MAX8 Combo - ESC caught on Fire.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobs1811

Reaction score
Hi

Recently purchased an Arrma Mojave EXB with Hobbywing MAX8 Combo (month old from new)

current spec: Scorched RC Titanium Chassis, Full PPS motor and diff mount, Ludicrous high power servo. Currently using it with 16T pinion, Sanwa MX6 radio and Voltz 4800MAH 50c battery.

Made a previous post regarding Motor Heatsink/Fan recommendations for the motor. Decided I was just going to just swap out the Combo with a MAX6 and possibly 1250kv motor (already have them) but I ran the MAX8 Combo today just for a bit (around 5mins) and the ESC ended up catching on fire. The motor, lipo, servo seems to be working fine.

The MAX8 ESC combo is only a month old...anyone know if it would be covered under Hobbywing warranty service if I have the invoice/receipt?

I will probably replace the combo with a MAX6 ESC. Not sure if its fine to be running MAX6 esc with a 1250kv motor on 8s though as I have seen some MAX6 catching on fire with similar combo...so possibly I should only run that combo on 6s. I also have a MAX5 and Castle MAMBA XLX v1 with 2028-800KV 8s motor (not sure if this would be overkill though)?.. or possibly get a MMX8s.

gaadfgva4.jpeg

y5wywyaerg.jpeg

hsdfgh.jpeg

Last edited:
Ever consider a mamba monster x 8s?
Yeah I have considered a mamba monster x 8s. Only reason why I was saying regarding installing a XLX v1 (with 800kv motor) is that I already have one in my Xmaxx so was thinking of installing it in the Mojave and getting a new esc for Xmaxx. How does a XLX v1 compare to a MMX8S? I know the MMX8S is sensored.

Back