Mojave Fortess 6s..G.O.A.T?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I also like the Fortress very much.
I also like the Prolines Hyrax for UDR
1684439735788.jpeg

Yup, I also like the Fortress very much.
I also like the Prolines Hyrax for UDR
View attachment 300512
They do look good for sure. If it weren't such a hassle to fit them I might have a set. I also don't have the terrain for them though.. the chunky knobbies just skate on clay. This does apply to the Fortress as well but, like I said, they just last forever it seems. Plus a direct fit. If I ever venture off my property to bash, I might find different terrain..🤔🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

I'm not trying to argue bro. I know there is some effect of throttle/brake input on an sct while airborne, but it's minimal at best. Sct, desert truck.. call it what you will, they're the same in my feeble mind, LOL. What, one carries a larger fuel load and spare tires, while the other does not🤷‍♂️
I can assure you the SCT410 responds about the same "in air" to throttle or brake as the Mojo does, and if you were in trouble mid air, you'll still be in trouble when it all comes tumbling to the ground..usually followed by the amazing sct "death roll"!! 🤔😧😬😉😂😂🍻
I’m just fishing, I’d recommend at least trying the speedlines. If anything they are great for street bashing/drifting but will require balancing. When I was geared 24/46 my 3 year old at the time blew the inside bead off doing donuts but after reglue I’ve had nothing but praise for their price on both sets. Got them for like $50 all (4) when they first came out.

Here’s how I do a quick tread nip. 🍻

I’m just fishing, I’d recommend at least trying the speedlines. If anything they are great for street bashing/drifting but will require balancing. When I was geared 24/46 my 3 year old at the time blew the inside bead off doing donuts but after reglue I’ve had nothing but praise for their price on both sets. Got them for like $50 all (4) when they first came out.

Here’s how I do a quick tread nip. 🍻
I've been eyeing those too.. I'm kind of a tire addict!!😁😂 I saw that vid , what did you use to shave the lugs? I definitely like the looks of those, should work well on clay. How's the sidewalls on them? We shred sidewalls on the track, throwing them into the turns at speed. Not smart by any means. Just happens when we get to racing🤪😁🍻

I have mine tire vented 3mm hole in 2 spots and wheel sealed, they’re tough durable uniform thickness throughout. I made a custom width blade for an oscillating saw to do one lug at a time. 👍

Thiiiick rubber tire and plastic wheel which is why they are heavier.

1684452761546.gif

I have mine tire vented 3mm hole in 2 spots and wheel sealed, they’re tough durable uniform thickness throughout. I made a custom width blade for an oscillating saw to do one lug at a time. 👍

View attachment 300562
Sweet! They're on my list👍 Thanks😎🍻

Those do look great, I’d like to hear some feedback on them. But at almost twice the price of a set of four Fortress take-offs from a Mojave at Jenny’s it would be tough for me to pull the trigger as much as I like the Fortress tires.
Prolines = too expensive..!!
I think every Proline wheel/tyre combo I've owned has given me issues..🤬
Fortress for the win..!!

I have one very important question though, WHY ARE THE GREY EXB ONES MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE RED OR YELLOW VERSIONS someone please explain.???

I would like to try those JConcepts Landmines though, sadly not available over where I am and if I ship from the states I could buy 2 sets of Fortress's for the same money..😵‍💫🤪🤣

Not by much though
IMG_0032.jpeg
IMG_0031.jpeg

I have one very important question though, WHY ARE THE GREY EXB ONES MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE RED OR YELLOW VERSIONS someone please explain.???
I guess it’s just marketing; since they are EXB wheels probably some think they are better😄
Im Out See Ya GIF by ADWEEK

Good info! ⬆️

I would’ve estimated more than 2 ounces of total unsprung weight, maybe my fortress foams are compromised or the speedlines are wet?

Db fortress do not ballon as much however, what are your thoughts between the two @Sandracer_NL?

A couple of years ago when everyone was experiencing broken wheels and stripped hexes, the grey EXB ones were the only ones resistant to doing that. There is/was a little more reinforcement and “webbing” in the center area. Someone illustrated the difference and took some good photos of it on a thread here. As for current pricing, I don’t know if Arrma ever resolved the issue with the red or green ones, or it’s simply a matter of more people preferring the grey ones.

A couple of years ago when everyone was experiencing broken wheels and stripped hexes, the grey EXB ones were the only ones resistant to doing that. There is/was a little more reinforcement and “webbing” in the center area. Someone illustrated the difference and took some good photos of it on a thread here. As for current pricing, I don’t know if Arrma ever resolved the issue with the red or green ones, or it’s simply a matter of more people preferring the grey ones.
I remember that too..
I'm pretty sure Arrma has fixed the problem.. IIRC, people were stripping the hexes out on the green and red "v1" wheels..
Retail pricing is the same for all 3 colors (colours) now. At least here in the US.

I remember that too..
I'm pretty sure Arrma has fixed the problem.. IIRC, people were stripping the hexes out on the green and red "v1" wheels..
Retail pricing is the same for all 3 colors (colours) now. At least here in the US.
The grey ones are more expensive @ Jenny's- $79 vs $67

The set I picked earlier this week are the green ones. If I were buying retail, grey all day. I never know what I'm going to put them on, so grey is an easy choice. I'm tempted to throw the new set on the Kraton XL, just to see how it drives on more modest sized tires.. the BF MT's "look" right at home on it, but grip is poo poo on hard pack.. maybe I need a set of those generic Pyfore/Injora/RCWD or whatever brand they are this week sct tires for it?🤷‍♂️🤔
Not by much though
View attachment 300613View attachment 300612

I guess it’s just marketing; since they are EXB wheels probably some think they are better😄
Im Out See Ya GIF by ADWEEK
So, do those generic wheels rub on the Mojo? Fortress are spec'd at 3.2" inner diameter vs the generic's at 3.0". I know the Fortress wheels do rub, actually surprised the wheels have lasted me 2 years. They have some ugly azz gouges on the iside portion of the wheels from rubbing the hubs.

Last edited:
Good info! ⬆️

I would’ve estimated more than 2 ounces of total unsprung weight, maybe my fortress foams are compromised or the speedlines are wet?

Db fortress do not ballon as much however, what are your thoughts between the two @Sandracer_NL?
I haven’t driven the Speedlines on the Mojave yet🤣. Since they are the stock wheels on the FTX DR8 (aka Reely Raptor aka FS Racing Atom) and the fact they have almost identical dimensions and weight as the Fortress I thought it’s good to have a few wheels on stock😄. Compared to the driving experience I had with them on the DR8, on loose terrain grip is pretty good, but obviously the Fortress have more bit with their nubs. On hard packed terrain (and tarmac) the Speedlines have more grip.
Ballooning wise they are pretty good for an unbelted tire. In the vid below starting at 5:00 minutes you can see how much they balloon on 6s doing 51mph.
The set I picked earlier this week are the green ones. If I were buying retail, grey all day. I never know what I'm going to put them on, so grey is an easy choice. I'm tempted to throw the new set on the Kraton XL, just to see how it drives on more modest sized tires.. the BF MT's "look" right at home on it, but grip is poo poo on hard pack.. maybe I need a set of those generic Pyfore/Injora/RCWD or whatever brand they are this week sct tires for it?🤷‍♂️🤔

So, do those generic wheels rub on the Mojo? Fortress are spec'd at 3.2" inner diameter vs the generic's at 3.0". I know the Fortress wheels do rub, actually surprised the wheels have lasted me 2 years. They have some ugly azz gouges on the iside portion of the wheels from rubbing the hubs.
image.jpg
image.jpg
It’s tight, but spins freely. With mud or dirt in the wheel I think there will be some polishing done by the wheel😉.
image.jpg

Last edited:
They do look good for sure. If it weren't such a hassle to fit them I might have a set. I also don't have the terrain for them though.. the chunky knobbies just skate on clay. This does apply to the Fortress as well but, like I said, they just last forever it seems. Plus a direct fit. If I ever venture off my property to bash, I might find different terrain..🤔🤷‍♂️🤣🤣
Mini pin 1/8 Truggy "zero offset" tires/ wheels would be best for packed clay. The Truggy disc wheels don't look all that to some. But mine perform very well.
I run the DTX X-Cons sometimes on my Mojo. Great bite to them. Just watch the traction rolling. :LOL: I had raised the body one notch up for good wheel clearance too. I leave it there now, regardless of which tires I run. The PL Hyrax conversion is so expensive IMHO. And a taller tire. It's really for the UDR size/scale. The larger rig.

Last edited:
I haven’t driven the Speedlines on the Mojave yet🤣. Since they are the stock wheels on the FTX DR8 (aka Reely Raptor aka FS Racing Atom) and the fact they have almost identical dimensions and weight as the Fortress I thought it’s good to have a few wheels on stock😄. Compared to the driving experience I had with them on the DR8, on loose terrain grip is pretty good, but obviously the Fortress have more bit with their nubs. On hard packed terrain (and tarmac) the Speedlines have more grip.
Ballooning wise they are pretty good for an unbelted tire. In the vid below starting at 5:00 minutes you can see how much they balloon on 6s doing 51mph.

View attachment 300666View attachment 300667It’s tight, but spins freely. With mud or dirt in the wheel I think there will be some polishing done by the wheel😉.
View attachment 300668
Nice! Thanks for that, really helpful👍
Is that your YT channel?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back